Lt. Commander
# 31
12-15-2010, 04:30 PM
True, the foundry is not a replacement. It has limits, XP rewards are set by mission design and not adjustable. With much tuning still to go, its yet to be seen if leveling on foundry missions alone is viable. And foundry missions lack loot rewards, adding to this complication.

However, I dont see the devs adding much in the way of new general PVE missions anytime soon. For either side. Sure we will still get the "weeklies" and there is talk of new STFs. And im sure there will be a few more klingon type Pi Canis raid missions as new sectors are opened to them. But beyond those 3 areas I dont see much for the future, for either side, on new mission content.

So I dont see how its strictly a KDF issue. Its the foundry or nothing or wait for the weeklies.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Ok - Why is foundry still on Tribble ?
Answer - still a lot of bugs....they are working on it

Current bugs

When you publish, sometimes it publishes it twice
NPC ..Often do not act correctly or use correct animations
Very few functional doors
many basic missing features that need to be added
......ability to move a party from one part of a sectional map to the next part without using another map
......ability to place just 1 npc that is not a contact
......ability to give a contact an animation
......ability to blow up stuff
......ability to place crafting stuff
......ability to have containers with loot...like batteries and such
......ability to have interactable items do things like shut down force fields

and it goes on.

Given the general reaction of players on the main server...if they pushed it live now
-- they would get flooded with bug reports they already know about and generally get flamed.

it is fun to use, but needs work, so it you can't wait...well join tribble :p

------ on the plus side when it does go live.

....... available content will double...in days ... there are like 185+ new adventures on tribble alone
........the adventures are generally more indepth and interesting because writers have all the time they
want in making them
........writers are already finding ways to do things the developers never dreamed of...even with limited
resources :p

Lastly - there had been some concern over limits
I have personally only run into one myself 10 maps max per mission
I have heard of writters running into the place object limit per map..I have not yet.

Hope that answers a few questions

Meow
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
many basic missing features that need to be added
What "needs to be added" is purely an opinion that differs between everyone. The only truly valid things that can be listed as reasons for the Foundry to remain on Tribble are actual bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What most people dont seem to "get" is that Season 3(aka Genesis) lasts UNTIL Season 4.
QFT

Quote:
There is no scheduled date. According to the Devs, it will remain on Tribble until its "ready".
Also, very true. We want to make sure that when The Foundry Beta for Star Trek Online makes its way to Holodeck that the launch for that goes as smoothly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashki
Yeah, we'll see, cause quite frankly, I've reached the end of my main Federation deal, and unless they plan on adding some more weekly missions in, I'm at a loss of what to do.
More weekly missions are slated to begin in January. Hang in there!

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
No doubt.

Lets take a tally of the things the KDF are lacking.

More uniform and casual options...Check. We can all agree it is seriously lacking here.

More ship types and customization...Check. While the new ship types helped, this is one area in need of equality.
True. A thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man, but patience is what is needed here. I think its something that needs time. After all, how many diffrent klingon ships have you even seen on the show? Not as many as Fed ships....so the devs have to come up with them and probably go through the process of having them approved first.

Quote:
Klingon version of Diplomacy...Check. This is a no brainer. If the feds have side branch of advancement the KDF should as well.
Klingon diplomacy? I thought the klikngons viewed that as a weakness.

Quote:
And finally. PVE mission equality.....???? With the foundry on our doorsteps, this is a major issue? The feds have about 30 more PVE missions then the KDF. Thats it. Its not like the feds have a massive overwhelming number of missions that they can pick and choose. The feds still have to grind a few levels in the clusters or DSE's. Even they don't have enough missions to play them souly from start to VA.
I hope that the devs aren't relying on the foundry to fiull in the gaps for either side.

Quote:
And when you compare missions, it gets even better. While the KDF has fewer, its nearly universally agreed they are much more entertaining and well done then even some of the best of the fed missions. And lets be fair, a large number of fed mission are garbage. Hunting the hunters anyone? The long night? the one with Rikers clone?
I said it before, I think the Feds and the klingons (and any factions introduced in the future) should have enough missions that no player would have to do the same missions over and over for multiple characters. I understand that it takes time to get to that point, but it is my hope,. The foundry will no doubt help out in that, but User Created Missions shouldn't be the default.

Quote:
So the feds have more PVE missions. A hand full more if we only count the quality ones. And we have the foundry knocking on the door. With more missions on test right now then all the Fed and KDF missions put together. And the sticking point that has the OP blue in the face is PVE mission parody? Please
Can't please everyone.

Quote:
The KDF still needs some work. Ships, clothing, and customization options being the biggies. PVE mission equality is one thing that going to be solved very soon for everyone Klink and fed. Its the smallest thing to be upset about.
I wouldn't say its a small issue, but its not a giant one either. The big thing will be when we see the quality of UGM when the foundry goes live. My fear is that there will be a lot of terribnle ones, and a lot of "power levelling" ones with a few gems scattered about. I guess we'll see.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Well, the question is, will the Foundry deal generate XP for it's missions, cause when I was testing it on the Tribble server, it wasn't generating XP, well, the end of the mission anyways, the enemies still seemed to give out skill and bridge officer points, but the end of the missions not so much.

Also, it might just be my imagination, but the enemies in the Foundry missions seemed a bit harder to beat then they do on regular missions.

And my other annoyance is that the end of the KDF PvE missions is that it ended on a cliffhanger that'll probably never get resolved, that kinda bugs me as well.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I think you have the wrong strategy. First of all, the Foundry isnt a replacement for official content. But even if it was, belittling the issue isnt contstructive. That said, neither is continuing to complain about that is in the process of being fixed. People simply need to realize that while there is a content disparity, the Devs are working on it. Good progress has been made, and will continue to be made. Thats really all there is to it.
Eh, I just tend to ignore the trolls, and yes, I do hope the the Devs don't just quit making more PvE missions once the Foundry actually releases.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-16-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashki
Well, the question is, will the Foundry deal generate XP for it's missions, cause when I was testing it on the Tribble server, it wasn't generating XP, well, the end of the mission anyways, the enemies still seemed to give out skill and bridge officer points, but the end of the missions not so much.

Also, it might just be my imagination, but the enemies in the Foundry missions seemed a bit harder to beat then they do on regular missions.

And my other annoyance is that the end of the KDF PvE missions is that it ended on a cliffhanger that'll probably never get resolved, that kinda bugs me as well.

Eh, I just tend to ignore the trolls, and yes, I do hope the the Devs don't just quit making more PvE missions once the Foundry actually releases.
GOOD QUESTION !

I have been asking that myself.

I have a feeling when foundry is <mostly> out of 'beta' on holodeck, keeping in mind it is not
even on holodeck yet, they will have some kind of generic end reward.
Prob. given by the NPC you choose to assign the mission at the start.

Now if a mission gets absorbed by the game and becomes official....there will be that in place later..
then a Developer may add a physical reward to it..

hope that helps
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-16-2010, 08:03 AM
Not sure how it will work. but Stormshade indicated the missions will be able to generate their own XP

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...6&postcount=15
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
Not sure how it will work. but Stormshade indicated the missions will be able to generate their own XP

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...6&postcount=15
Previously it has been stated that the mission xp will be determined by the amount of time it takes to complete. However, it will be based on an average, not how long it takes YOU to complete it. That way you cant just sit around wasting time and get more xp because of it. There may be other factors as well, but thats just one that was explained.
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Previously it has been stated that the mission xp will be determined by the amount of time it takes to complete. However, it will be based on an average, not how long it takes YOU to complete it. That way you cant just sit around wasting time and get more xp because of it. There may be other factors as well, but thats just one that was explained.
Ah, so they will generate XP. Of course not like that matters to me at the moment since my main character is a Vice Admiral, until they add more levels.

Though it's still be nice if they add more PvE stuff to both sides, especially since both deals finish with cliffhangers, though I'm sure I'll have to wait till Season 4 before I can see the answer to that.