Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzak
C-Store the issue.

Make racial and faction clothing available for purchase to all characters.
Annnnd... booyah!

+1
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-17-2010, 12:00 PM
While I would rather see the race-specific outfits kept for that race, I also see no problem with opening up these options for other races in the KDF. At the very least, give us MORE options in general.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
It's clothing. It's not like it's passed down in their DNA.
Yup, but it's passed down with their culture.

Just because a lot of people don't care about having their characters keep a look that would actually fit doesn't mean I have to keep my mouth shut. :p

Really, look at what this "freedom" has done to ESD. I know it's ironic that the lack of customization made the KDF keep an appropriate look, but I much prefer that to the zoo it would become with "universal unlocks". I for one can do without 60% of the female characters wearing loincloths regardless of their species. Cheapens it for the Orions. Do you really want to see the Orions' only difference to the Klingons (or another species) being that their skin is green?

Bottom line: fun is subjective.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
It's clothing. It's not like it's passed down in their DNA.
More or less. You can shove a targ in a Tux, doesn't mean it will ever fit right or look good.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
More or less. You can shove a targ in a Tux, doesn't mean it will ever fit right or look good.
What if the tux is fitted for that specific targ? And don't even get me started on how many HUMANS shove their damn pets in god-awful clothing. I know I'm going off on a tangent here, but I just had to comment on it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
What if the tux is fitted for that specific targ? And don't even get me started on how many HUMANS shove their damn pets in god-awful clothing. I know I'm going off on a tangent here, but I just had to comment on it.
Shenanigans. I have seen enough Pakleds, caitains and Tellarites running around in micro mini skirts bare midriffs . Please lets not open the KDF to the same level of tom foolery
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Shenanigans. I have seen enough Pakleds, caitains and Tellarites running around in micro mini skirts bare midriffs . Please lets not open the KDF to the same level of tom foolery
Hey, I have a Pakled BO in a TOS mini-skirt. I remember when she didn't have any legs, too.

Now that I think about it, I agree with you. **shudders**
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Hey, if a Targ can command a Klingon battlegroup, it should be damn well able to wear a tux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Yup, but it's passed down with their culture.

Just because a lot of people don't care about having their characters keep a look that would actually fit doesn't mean I have to keep my mouth shut. :p
There are plenty of trivially simple and valid RP reasons to go beyond that limitation. Adoption tops the list but is by no means the end of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Really, look at what this "freedom" has done to ESD. I know it's ironic that the lack of customization made the KDF keep an appropriate look, but I much prefer that to the zoo it would become with "universal unlocks". I for one can do without 60% of the female characters wearing loincloths regardless of their species. Cheapens it for the Orions. Do you really want to see the Orions' only difference to the Klingons (or another species) being that their skin is green?

Bottom line: fun is subjective.
Hmmm.... yes. And I think Gene would agree.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Orion outfits shouldn't be opened up to any canon race.

But they, and every other racial outfit, need to be available to for Aliengen.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
There are plenty of trivially simple and valid RP reasons to go beyond that limitation. Adoption tops the list but is by no means the end of it.
I know you can find an excuse for virtually anything. That doesn't change how the faction will end up looking like.

As sad as it is, sometimes you have to limit player creativity.

Currently, the Klingon faction still looks remotely like what we're used to from the shows. I see no need to change this. Indeed, I would prefer stagnation in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Orion outfits shouldn't be opened up to any canon race.
But they, and every other racial outfit, need to be available to for Aliengen.
I can't follow your logic. This would only result in even more Alien characters, including Aliens made to look like canon species just so their players can have them wear a bikini.

Usage of the Alien species generation should be disencouraged, not encouraged. The focus should always be on the canon cultures.