Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
i'll give you 3 links here:

( german Amazon, just look at the pricetags )

STO Game Time Card (60 days) = 21,98

Champions Online Game Time Card (60 days) = 4,99

Star Trek Online - Silver Edition (incl. 30 free days) = 7,96


i am a little confused....

why is it cheaper to buy the full game 2 times then one game time card?
and why can i get 8 Months CO for the price of 2 Months STO?

For that price... why even make CO "freemium" (F2P + Premium = Freemium ;P )?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-16-2010, 05:24 AM
I'd imagine the store is trying to unload their CO timecards before the game goes F2P next month.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-16-2010, 05:47 AM
Thats it exactly
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-16-2010, 05:54 AM
ok that makes sense...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-16-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I'd imagine the store is trying to unload their CO timecards before the game goes F2P next month.
well your good, try checking out the first thread of this discussion forum before you post anything .. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
well your good, try checking out the first thread of this discussion forum before you post anything .. lol
I'm not sure what you're referring to. I've posted many times in the CO going F2P thread. I'm quite familiar with it and also a supporter of the idea. That has no bearing on my answer here. The fact that I know CO is using a Hybrid F2P model doesn't mean the person at Amazon.de does, nor has any real clue about MMOs in general. For all they might know F2P simply means F2P and that would make their timecards useless in Jan.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Hey hey hey, he was just offering a general comment to help the OP.......I guarentee he already knew.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I'm not sure what you're referring to. I've posted many times in the CO going F2P thread. I'm quite familiar with it and also a supporter of the idea. That has no bearing on my answer here. The fact that I know CO is using a Hybrid F2P model doesn't mean the person at Amazon.de does, nor has any real clue about MMOs in general. For all they might know F2P simply means F2P and that would make their timecards useless in Jan.
See, I told you he already knew.....:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
See, I told you he already knew.....:p
The virtues of too much free time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Just a note for STO players, you get 400 Cryptic points for every month you sub to Champions after it goes Free to Play. It might be a bargain worth considering if you run across cheap Champions timecards.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:59 PM.