Lt. Commander
# 11
12-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Shoot, go to Amazon, I read the game proper (with a 30 day license) was only $4 USD. Buy about ten copies and profit for nearly a year.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-16-2010, 09:33 AM
5 Euroes for 800 Cryptic points is a good deal cheaper than just buying them. About 50% off, as amazon most likely already included VAT in the price. Might be worth considering.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Just a note for STO players, you get 400 Cryptic points for every month you sub to Champions after it goes Free to Play. It might be a bargain worth considering if you run across cheap Champions timecards.
Just a quick note:

The C-points you get for being a subscriber to Champions will not be usable outside Champions. Points you purchase yourself can be used in either game however.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-16-2010, 10:43 AM
This is the cheapest way to sub. When I saw CO could be bought for 99p at one point on Amazon, I felt a little gutted that I had bought a lifetime sub.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Just a quick note:

The C-points you get for being a subscriber to Champions will not be usable outside Champions. Points you purchase yourself can be used in either game however.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Ah. Well, I'm glad that you clarified that, at least, before we all rushed off and spent a fortune on it. Honestly, I like Champions but that does diminish my chances of going out and grabbing a lifetime next year, which was something I'd have considered had the C-Points been usable in both games.

In any case, for people who plan to play Champions, there are still plenty of good reasons to subscribe. I'll probably piddle around as a "Silver", Free to Play member over there myself and spend the occasional odd C-Points left over on my account there. If you plan to play Champs, a good deal on time cards is a good deal. The added features from subbing are exciting and the C-Point allowance would give you just about unlimited access to the cosmetic perks over there if you're serious about it.

So I wouldn't discount the idea of buying up cheap timecards. Free to Play doesn't make gametime over there completely worthless IF you plan to play Champions seriously. (And, honestly, I do think C-Points over there spend farther than C-Points in STO. You can get some really dramatic, really stylized, very original designs that totally make over your character for the same price as a much less dramatic uniform or race here. And they stack in more interesting ways; I can see some cool costumes you could make there that mix and match 5-6 different costume packs whereas STO's uniforms and races don't mix and match as easily since we have fewer customizable slots per costume at once.)

Pity that restriction is on there but I'm glad Stormshade clarified that promptly at least.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Just a quick note:

Thanks,

Stormshade
Awwww... and here I thought my double STO+CO LTS was going to be an added blessing in disguise, after losing my MU exclusivity.

Shame that, might have actually sold more CO LTSs!

Eh, maybe they'll make a "Cryptic LTS" when NWNO hits, and some cross-game bonuses can be had.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Just a quick note:

Thanks,

Stormshade
I have 5 people lined up to buy the LT because of Stipend love for STo use...I'll just pretend you never said anything...

Because really... how many people have LT subs to both and is it worth losing hundreds of people's LT sub money for Champs to limit that?
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Just a quick note:

Thanks,

Stormshade
That kinda sucks for those who have an LTS in both games. And, no, I don't have one in CO. I was actually kinda hoping that they would be interchangeable, too.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Just a quick note:

Thanks,

Stormshade
Cereal? I bought a LTS for CO *flail* Hell I was an advocate for the return of the LTS sale on the CO boards. There was never anything mentioned about the points being CO C-store only. I buy C-store points in CO or STO I can use them in either game O.o
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Because really... how many people have LT subs to both and is it worth losing hundreds of people's LT sub money for Champs to limit that?
It's the same process in DDO and LotRO. And it's not like people are really lined up to buy a $300.00 LTS to a F2P game just to get what amounts to $5.00 worth of free CPs each month.