Lt. Commander
# 1 † Light Bearers †
12-16-2010, 06:12 AM
The Universe—the Ultimate Front Lines!
These are the expeditions of the Fleet Light Bearers!
Their Enduring Commission: to encounter unknown planets,
To show The Way to lost souls and despairing cultures,
To fearlessly sail where no Christian has previously journeyed!

Fleet – Light Bearers
Founded – Stardate 88361.98
Earthdate – Sunday, October 3rd, 2010 at 9:56:49 P.M.
Emblem – Anchor and Lightning Bolt (see my Avatar)
Theme Verses – John 8:12 & Romans 13:12
Members (as of this posting) – Nineteen
Beliefs – Christian

Howdy and welcome to our page! My name is Noah@Jothan and The Lord put it on my heart to found a precedent. Why? Well, simply because there needs to be a place that shines in the night. Light is a curious thing. The Holy Bible gives us a look at light in Job 38:19, “Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof,” (Authorized King James Version).

Light flies in a straight and narrow beam at 186,000 miles per second. God knew this when He told Job light dwells in a way. Light never stops moving unless something makes it. This is shown by how far a candle can be seen on a clear night: 18,792 feet or 3.6 miles! Pretty impressive if you ask me. But then again, if you think about it, it isn’t that impressive. Let me give another example.

Our sun Sol is 864,938 miles in diameter, yet you could still see it at Alpha Centauri which is 4.22 light-years away. And that isn’t even the start of it. Stars much smaller than our Sun and farther away can be seen on Earth with the naked eye. To top that off, the Andromeda galaxy is so far away that our mind can hardly grasp the miles, yet we see it. Of course all the trillions of stars work together to get the light to us in the intensity needed for our eyes to pick up, but that shows what numbers can do.

Darkness is different though. It does not move. As God said above, it has a place. Where is that place? Where light isn’t. Darkness is the absence of light. I once heard a player on STO refer to the people on STO as “those sailing the dark sea.” Took me a moment to figure out what it meant, what made it click was the saying “a sea of stars.”

Space is a sea which looks dark, but is it? Not really. The light is there, traveling to wherever its course will take it; the thing is we only see the light when it hits something. We see the stars because the light hit our eyes. We see the Earth because light bounced off it to our eyes. The same goes for the moon. But light isn’t just on the moon, or in the Sun, it is everywhere in-between. This universe would be bright if we could actually see light traveling! Light is everywhere except the shadows left when the light is blocked.

This is similar to, but not identical to, what Jesus’ light is like. Jesus is The Light of the world. Satan tries to stop His light, but the truth is there are no shadows where His light cannot reach. The reason is that Jesus is The Christ, God made flesh. He came to live a perfect life, then to die for our sins, and to rise from death victorious!

We in this fleet are those who want to help show that light to those who need to see it. Do you have a burning in your heart to spread The Truth? Are you compelled to show The Way? Have a hunger and thirst to live The Life? If so, we would be honoured to have you in our midst! Just get in contact with me in some way with your request to join. It can be through a private message via these forums, posting a reply on this thread, a mail in-game, or the direct finding me in-game. Thank you!

May God bless all those whose eyes have fallen on this page. In Jesus’ name, A-men.
Noah B. Jothan

REFERENCES
Keith P. did the candle math here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5112857AAj3LzU
John 14:6
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-16-2010, 06:39 AM
Interesting concept..... thou almighty doest speak to us in mysterious ways........

Good Journey friend.....
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-16-2010, 01:55 PM
May GOD go with you
Play more STO
Good Luck
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-17-2010, 11:40 PM
A big old Fleet Hello
Lt. Commander
# 5 Blacksheep
12-18-2010, 06:23 AM
Hello light bears you need anything let me know alright.
admiralfrick
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Merry Christmas

From the 91st
Lt. Commander
# 7 Responses
12-24-2010, 10:08 AM
MERRY CHRIST-MAS to all!!! I am pleased by the responses we have received. Not a single negative as I would have expected. God is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
Interesting concept..... thou almighty doest speak to us in mysterious ways........

Good Journey friend.....
Thank you very much; I hope the journey goes well too! And God does speak in mysterious ways, though there is no Bible verse which says so, interestingly. The idea is portrayed in Romans 11:33-36, though.

“O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of The Lord? Or who hath been His counsellor? Or who hath first given to Him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.”

May Jesus bless you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog237 View Post
May GOD go with you
Play more STO
Good Luck
Thank you for the blessing and the big Fleet Hello! I ask that Jesus do the same for you and your comrades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFrick1978 View Post
Hello light bears you need anything let me know alright.
admiralfrick
Thank you Admiral Joseph Frick! I will remember and let you know! May Jesus bless you and your efforts with Blacksheep Armada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-Hill
Merry Christmas

From the 91st
Thank you Craig-Hill, Merry Christmas to you too! I hope our “Sister Fleet” of sorts, the 91st Expeditionary Group, is going well! May Jesus bless you all!

Ambassador for Christ,
Noah Jothan
2 Corinthians 5:20
Lt. Commander
Our challenge to ourselves and to you:

No Bible - No STO!

If we have time to logon we have time to be in the Word.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Good Challenge
12-28-2010, 03:58 AM
That is a great challenge but forgive my surprise, seems no one out there sees it worthy to do such things anymore. Reminded me of where in the newest Star Trek movie Captain Christopher Pike is telling young James T. Kirk about his father Lieutenant George Kirk. Pike says (transcribed from subtitles), “Now, your father was captain of a starship for 12 minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother’s. And yours. I dare you to do better.”

We need more dares like that, and challenges like yours! Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 10 Bible Verses
12-29-2010, 11:28 PM
1st John 1:5-7

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you,
that God is Light, and in Him is no darkness at all.
If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness,
we lie, and do not The Truth:
But if we walk in The Light, as He is in The Light, we have fellowship one with another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John 1:5-7 KJV