Lt. Commander
hi there. long time viewer, first time poster.

Im making my first foundry level and i was just wondering how, if possible, u make objects such as satellites attackable. i tried for a while then had to alter my story to something different after giving up, but would love to know if its possible....thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Sorry,I'm not home to test this idea out, but have tried reskinning an enemy ship actor with a satellite costume?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-15-2010, 01:43 PM
i tried that i think but there wasnt a satellite skin in the enemy drop down menu...at least i didnt see one. the only place i could see them was in the object tab. im also not home to double check tho haha. ill have a look when i get in :-)
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I am afraid we have to wait for a "Destroy Object" Objective or something like that. Currently you seem only able to "simulate" it with an "Interact-With-Object". (Which still doesn't allow you to do stuff to remove it or at least change its colors or anything).
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-15-2010, 02:45 PM
oh well.....ill have to save that idea for a later date. thanks anyways
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am afraid we have to wait for a "Destroy Object" Objective...
Correct! It's possible to fake it now in the ways mentioned previously, however, we do plan on adding this functionality as the project continues to grow.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Yes... I've had to resort to typical theater tricks to make things SEEM to happen but really don't... dialogue can be your friend... use "go to marker" or whatever, then just say it was set on a timer and destroyed after you leave that map... or my favorite Dialogue "Commence Orbital Strike" & "Target Destroyed Sir" in a warp out box and you are gone to the next map.

The idea is that dialogue can explain away a great many things if used in a "Crafty" manner...

Star Trek was at the Forefront of this Back-in-the-Day with the script writers making stuff up that the prop department never had to build and special FX did not have to mess with. When in doubt talk your way around it...

When they needed a Planetary war to be fought they just told you what was going on... no visuals needed. We believed the Gorn had ships but did we ever see one? We Believed that the Gorn had over-run the outpost but we never saw them... They were "up in the hills" and the studio saved Big Bucks. We accepted an entire race with only the confirmation of one guy in a Rubber Suit.

When You can Command the Dialogue you can control the uncontrollable and make the impossible possible.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart View Post
When You can Command the Dialogue you can control the uncontrollable and make the impossible possible.
Which is probably why some people have gotten used to clicking "Continue" and just blowing stuff up
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Which is probably why some people have gotten used to clicking "Continue" and just blowing stuff up
Man, that still happens to me when testing my missions. But I actually write more then a lame "Continue" in my buttons!
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-16-2010, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Man, that still happens to me when testing my missions. But I actually write more then a lame "Continue" in my buttons!
So did I. However in the latest revision of my mission- i have cut back on the responses in order to streamline the flow of the mission a little more- at least until i use the full dialog(which most likely wont be until the foundry goes to holodeck)