Lt. Commander
I have a question for anyone that knows. I did my first mission in the Foundry today and I published it and decided to see it in the mission selection screen in the tribble server.

Does anyone know how long a mission takes to get posted on the server?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-15-2010, 12:27 PM
According to the sticky in this forum, it takes X amount of times (played and) completed.
Lt. Commander
# 3 5 ot 10 mins
12-15-2010, 01:32 PM
From the time you start downliading to tel time it is up. Thats about the norm for me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-15-2010, 01:57 PM
If you want to search for it, you can start playing usually within 5-10 minutes of hitting "Publish." In fact, you'll receive an in-game email when it's done.

When you hit publish, that's all Cryptic requires from you. You can log off, make other missions, or do whatever you like while the mission is being published.

"Publishing" is done entirely at Cryptic studios and involves generating pathfinding for the AI in your missions, primarily.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-15-2010, 02:08 PM
He correct, by the time i hit publish and log out and into tribble its not far behind me
BTW once you hit publish you can log off and go do your thing, there is no need to stay logged in and wait.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-15-2010, 02:24 PM
One thing to try if you arent seeing your mission is to stop reviewing and start reviewing again. There is a glitch that makes the search function get 'wonky' sometimes but stopping and starting clears it up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-15-2010, 05:24 PM
my missions take 6 minutes to publish
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenvince View Post
I have a question for anyone that knows. I did my first mission in the Foundry today and I published it and decided to see it in the mission selection screen in the tribble server.

Does anyone know how long a mission takes to get posted on the server?
When the publish is done, only people who have signed up to be a reviewer will be able to see it in the search. Usually, if this were on the live server you'd need to wait until at least 5 (probably) of those people have played/rated it before it shows up for mass public views.

But on Tribble it only seems to need one person to play/review it and it shows up (the interface will show 5 ratings even if only one person played. I think it's because they want faster turnaround for testing).

If you want to play it immediately, you can sign up to be a reviewer by pressing the Become a reviewer button and apparently you can stop being a reviewer when you are done. But you won't be able to rate your own mission.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Ah, that's why I always have 5 ratings instead of 1. Unfortunately the non-existing ratings count as 1-star rating, too, for the overall score.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-16-2010, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
When the publish is done, only people who have signed up to be a reviewer will be able to see it in the search. Usually, if this were on the live server you'd need to wait until at least 5 (probably) of those people have played/rated it before it shows up for mass public views.

But on Tribble it only seems to need one person to play/review it and it shows up (the interface will show 5 ratings even if only one person played. I think it's because they want faster turnaround for testing).

If you want to play it immediately, you can sign up to be a reviewer by pressing the Become a reviewer button and apparently you can stop being a reviewer when you are done. But you won't be able to rate your own mission.
however you cans hare the mission with team mates who arent signed up to be reviewers.

plus i have only had 1 review of my mission so far(3 players apart from myself though) and it is easily searchable, but only shows up with one review