Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP extremly unbalanced
05-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Many federation players may have noticed this but lately klingons are haveing more power than they should in PVP. My captin is LC5(liutenant comander5) and lately the klingons have to much power in PVP. for one since PVP is all rank grades and not specific ones you get situations like this, 5 level 8 and 7 klingons fighting 5 level 4 and 5 federation captins. Another problem is the minimum of people is useles once people engage so it could be 2 fed vs 5 klingons. and this has happened a lot lately, their was even 1 thime I was the only fed captin on a map being "hunted" by 5 klingons. I even think a lot of the klingons may be holding back a promotion to get a advantage. If you have been in situations like this recently please post it regardless of rank, If we get enough prook the Devs migh see theirs a problem with PVP
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Are you saying Klingons have too much power because they are able to blow you up? Or is it that your point is, the pvp que very often lets in unballanced TEAMS, meaning uneven pvp matches...5v1 5v2 etc? If so, the same thing happens quite often where it is 5v1 or 5v2 in favor of the Federation. I encourage you and everyone else who does pvp, to submit a bug report each time this occurs. If they gte enough of them, the DEVs will eventually come up with a solution for it.

As far as ballance, I keep hearing that the Klingons have this overwhelming "advantage" that noone seems to be able to put into specific terms. What exactly is this "advantage"? Near as I can tell, when the Federation players work together, they are every bit as effective as when the Klingon players work together. I cant say for sure as I only played Federation side long enough to unlock Klingon, but it seems to me that everyone pretty much has access to the same weapons and powers, I supose I could be mistaken....but I would really like to know just what this unballancing advantage is ...{I have some pretty effective set ups on my ships}so I too can take advantage of it....
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-05-2010, 07:59 PM
PVP is all that Klingons have.

Which naturally means they will be better at it than Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-05-2010, 08:07 PM
it all pretty much evens out when you get to RA5 anyway...but they do spend a lot more time than we feddies playing PvP so it's only natural they'll have some kind of edge
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-rog View Post
Are you saying Klingons have too much power because they are able to blow you up? Or is it that your point is, the pvp que very often lets in unballanced TEAMS, meaning uneven pvp matches...5v1 5v2 etc? If so, the same thing happens quite often where it is 5v1 or 5v2 in favor of the Federation. I encourage you and everyone else who does pvp, to submit a bug report each time this occurs. If they gte enough of them, the DEVs will eventually come up with a solution for it.

As far as ballance, I keep hearing that the Klingons have this overwhelming "advantage" that noone seems to be able to put into specific terms. What exactly is this "advantage"? Near as I can tell, when the Federation players work together, they are every bit as effective as when the Klingon players work together. I cant say for sure as I only played Federation side long enough to unlock Klingon, but it seems to me that everyone pretty much has access to the same weapons and powers, I supose I could be mistaken....but I would really like to know just what this unballancing advantage is ...{I have some pretty effective set ups on my ships}so I too can take advantage of it....
this advantage is in ground combat, its realy just the difference in level grade. They dont have more experience wich helps them know what to do. because of the giant difference in grade they have a greater combat efectiveness, and no im not mad at them blowing me up
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captin96
Ma My captin is LC5(liutenant comander5) and lately the klingons have to much power in PVP. for one since PVP is all rank grades and not specific ones you get situations like this, 5 level 8 and 7 klingons fighting 5 level 4 and 5 federation captins.
That's luck of the draw and it comes back to bite Klingons too. Also, the actual level of players matters a lot less in this game than it would in WoW, it's effect is mainly centered around the recharge time of abilities and their effectiveness. The reality is that a grade 2 can take down a grade 9 if the grade 9 is being stupid.....

Quote:
Another problem is the minimum of people is useles once people engage so it could be 2 fed vs 5 klingons. and this has happened a lot lately, their was even 1 thime I was the only fed captin on a map being "hunted" by 5 klingons. I even think a lot of the klingons may be holding back a promotion to get a advantage. If you have been in situations like this recently please post it regardless of rank, If we get enough prook the Devs migh see theirs a problem with PVP
Cryptic is working to address why this keeps happening, it's a problem at the max rank as well where the teams are not filling up properly.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2010, 12:26 PM
The disproportionate sides is an issue the developers are looking into (it's a bug).

As for power imbalance, post your skills attribution/BOFF powers/and gear. This should help us look at your build and see what could help you succeed at PvP.

On an unconvincing anecdotal level, I've won many games against Klingons (I think my record is evenly split too: 1 win for every 1 loss).
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2010, 12:27 PM
You guys just donít understand... Klingon is a PVP based faction as of right now. Itís all that we have and we donít spec for PVE content which we dont have. we ether spec space heavy or ground heavy for whatever pvp we like doing. and we didnít have PVE content to level to BG5 its was all pvp along the way to get us there. so naturally we are going to be better at PVP. there is no unbalance. Feds run in to battle 1 at a time and its like a conveyer belt to a ass woopin. my best advice to you is stick together no matter what.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
this advantage is in ground combat,
Setting everything else aside for a moment ... let's not forget one simple facet of what you might be overlooking here.

This is why Darren's repeatedly asking for build is important, btw.

If we're both in a ground combat map. And I'm on my KDF officer. There's a really good chance I'm inherently better than you at ground combat.

Why?

Because I'm a Nausicaan. My racial traits (pirate, most notably) are better than yours. I'm forced to take them, btw. I also spent my other two traits on ground traits. I also am a tactical officer that spent points in ground combat skills that increase my damage with ground weapons.

And ... I spent a ton of credits to get max level rare versions of the weapons, armor and personal shields I can equip.

The advantage will be noticable if, for instance, you are an Alien race from the federation that took 4 space traits ... are a science officer that did not invest in any meaningful ground combat improvements ... and are running with a mix of whites and greens.

I will shoot you dead very fast. Because that what I built my guy to do.

You can beat the snot out of me when we meet in space.

But if we're trapped in shantytown ... fear my rifle sights.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2010, 12:38 PM
me and a bunch of lC feds just wiped the flaw with some klingons

im not so sure about how imbalanced it is anymore. ive won and lost fights as both a fed and klingon

ive heard people say the BoP is too strong and is unfair
ive heard the science ships is too strong and is unfair
ive heard the klingon carrier is too strong and unfair

point is both side have complained about the other

Maybe the klingons do win more but then again you would expect the faction of players that pvp all the time to be more experienced and skilled in it

id love to know what the actual ration for wins is across all ranks to compare who is winning what and whether the imbalance is as real as people think