Lt. Commander
Why is it when I change characters things like the key I use to bring up the fleet interface
has a different setting? Every character I have I must set the controls for fleet, full
impulse, toggle throttle, start chat, fire all weapons, ... the list goes on.

Why aren't the key bindings account wide?
Or at least have an option to apply the displayed settings to all characters?

I can see why someone *might* want a different HUD (heads-up display) for
a Klingon Defense Force character than a United Federation of Planets character,
but why is it that the current scenario is that a player has to repeat specifing everything
on every character?

The video settings are account wide (as they should be) but the key binds and hud
should be too, or there should be a button to apply displayed settings across the
entire account.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-19-2010, 04:02 PM
To share your keybinds:

Go to Ground and type this into the chat
/bind_save_file ground

The enter space and type this into the chat
/bind_save_file space

Now load up your other toon.
Go to Ground and type this into the chat
/bind_load_file ground

The enter space and type this into the chat
/bind_load_file space

There, not perfect, but it is still easier that setting them manually.

The UI saving is a bit more problematic. I managed to move the elements around using console commands, but they were not saved that way. I'm trying to make that save/load -able as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-20-2010, 04:11 AM
i use different space camera options for different chars, and i would really miss it. but a button is never wrong .
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-20-2010, 06:52 AM
I use different keybinds, camera and HUD setting for all classes and characters, depending on the role, the loadout, the ship I am flying.
Hence, it would make no sense at all to have account-wide settings for me.
I suspect the possibilities I am using is what Cryptic initially anticipated with their binds-scheme: to keep the system as easily mutable as possible. The current load/save possibilities for the binds are really comfortable to use, and also make sense from a software design standpoint. What I would like to see additionally is the same commands applied to the HUD layout.
The OP will probably just have to get used to saving/loading binds-files.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37 View Post
To share your keybinds:....
That's awesome and just what I needed, thanks so much Pendra37.

I'm a purest so I actually use the HUD pretty much stock (just sized down a bit),
so that's not a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalElf View Post
or there should be a button to apply displayed settings across the entire account.
Oh yes please! I spent an hour trying to manually set my GUI layout for one of my characters the same as I did it for another character, and it's still not quite right....doing it for the rest of my characters felt too much like work, so I gave up. A button to just copy everything (keybinds, option settings, gui settings, etc) to my other characters would really make my day!