Lt. Commander
# 11
12-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
How do you get the NPC contacts above the y=0 mark?
place a block or some other solid object directly under the NPC and position below and just out of view from what you use for the platform. I got an npc to appear standing in mid air above an energy field using this trick.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-29-2010, 05:11 AM
I have encountered NPC showing up under the floor in some maps and adjusted the co-ordinates for the correct elevation... did not have any problems with this on many maps... I've had objects show up in the ceilings and floors but was able to make adjustments with creative placements. It seems that some maps have ceiling objects that cause a default zero co-ordinate for elevation that is not what you would expect.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-29-2010, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
I have encountered NPC showing up under the floor in some maps and adjusted the co-ordinates for the correct elevation... did not have any problems with this on many maps... I've had objects show up in the ceilings and floors but was able to make adjustments with creative placements. It seems that some maps have ceiling objects that cause a default zero co-ordinate for elevation that is not what you would expect.
Yep, get that on one of mine, as it's got two sections, one of which is a thousand meters above the other, so stuff defaults to the upper level where they overlap. I can place terrain fine, but NPCs refuse to not get stuck in the ceiling.
Lt. Commander
# 14 New Maps
12-29-2010, 06:10 AM
A flat plain map would solve everything. I am sure they come out with one because of all the stuff in the game just for building. Only question is when?
Lt. Commander
# 15 Soon
12-29-2010, 07:37 AM
Soon hopefully, I was able to get around that whole y=0 bug with little problems but after putting some buildings on i ran into the too many buildings cap which limits the city down to a certain size some with all of the platforms you have to put down... After that, I've mostly stopped working on it. Hopefully they'll just get a flat map so you don't have to put everything up in the 500 feet!