Lt. Commander
# 1 Away Team size.....
12-17-2010, 12:28 AM
When making my mission and testing it in the foundry i was always given a 4-5 (i forget) person away team and had put enemys in to match that number. However when i played it after publishing i was only given one! This makes it very difficult and also totally messes up some dialogue which is meant to be between two officers but now just has the same guy talking back and forth to himself......Any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2010, 12:41 AM
If your using the foundry test toon...he/she may only have one BO...so all conversations
default to that toon.

What to do ?

Easy

go to the foundry side of the game, just like your going to make an adventure.
DON'T click create...right under it...click play

Now your test toon is in the game like normal...do some of the beginner mission until
you have a full crew of BO's...should not take long.

Exit

Now when you use your test toon..the BO conversations should work right.

Meow
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2010, 07:20 AM
nope im using my VA that i copyed over. I didnt even get to choose who i brought with me either.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumbyv1 View Post
nope im using my VA that i copyed over. I didnt even get to choose who i brought with me either.
this is also a bug i experience in ever single foundry mission.

it is really hard to complete some of the harder ones when you only have your tactical officer and 2 large hyposprays to rely on
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Ya thats what i did, don,t take too long to run the tester Char through the beginning missions and just a few of the first parts till i got a way team crew, worked great and now i have a away team for my tester toon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-17-2010, 07:26 AM
I've encountered this bug in my own mission as well last night. I have a nice set up of 2 Eng. and 2 Sci. BO's that are well equipped and well trained for my playstyle and last night, in my own mission, I was left with one Engineering Officer and one Science Officer. I immediately called for reinforcements, the /FillPetTeamList command if I remember it correctly, and two RedShirts appeared to help but were quickly cut down by... Borg Drone Ensigns (I ran the mission on Elite, I know... not a very good idea!)

Please fix this Cryptic. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-17-2010, 08:13 AM
might be an el-buggo
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-18-2010, 03:20 AM
that's odd... I always get 4 redshirts with my test toon...
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-18-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I've encountered this bug in my own mission as well last night. I have a nice set up of 2 Eng. and 2 Sci. BO's that are well equipped and well trained for my playstyle and last night, in my own mission, I was left with one Engineering Officer and one Science Officer. I immediately called for reinforcements, the /FillPetTeamList command if I remember it correctly, and two RedShirts appeared to help but were quickly cut down by... Borg Drone Ensigns (I ran the mission on Elite, I know... not a very good idea!)

Please fix this Cryptic. Thanks!
the redshirt bug is the exact reason why my mission went from being designed to be really, really hard(and needing at least 3 players in a team) to being ultra- simplified- because i noticed that people were either getting redshirts, shuffled away teams or a combination(i always get the combo. lucky me).

the other reason why i dropped misison design difficulty is because of the transfer map bug that splits teams into separate instances, but all sharing the same objective set. this also leads to more summoning of redshirts
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-18-2010, 07:12 AM
And that's exactly why I started with, and for now am sticking to, Ensign-level encounters.