Lt. Commander
Like in most mmorpgs, players can examine other players' equipment to compare themselves with or even to admire what the higher levels are granted with.

I love the biography and basic info feature, but I think having a view of current equipment for both ground and space would be a great immersion for STO.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Low priority item right now...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 09:01 PM
yea I know, but wouldnt it be nice if say you're Captain and I a Lieutenant, only curious as to how many weapon/armor changes there are that far in the game? Just my little request lol.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Bump...thought I revive this thread again after so many months

Like in many mmos, STO does lack this and I think adding this feature makes sense to any other player wanting to judge stats/equip of other teammembers for a fleet action or STF.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Your avatar picture is suprisingly appropriate for this thread revival (*cough*)

(also, "Your Dead Jim"?)

And just to contribute something, certainly a "nice to have", but there's possibly a lot of work involved for little gain. How much would we show? Ship equipment, character equipment, bridge officer equipment, bridge officer assignments/powers?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizixMan View Post
Your avatar picture is suprisingly appropriate for this thread revival (*cough*)

(also, "Your Dead Jim"?)

And just to contribute something, certainly a "nice to have", but there's possibly a lot of work involved for little gain. How much would we show? Ship equipment, character equipment, bridge officer equipment, bridge officer assignments/powers?
My guess would be everything, including the currently absolutely useless boff biographies. They definately need to add more of this in. Same goes for the captains database if and when they bother to fix that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizixMan View Post

(also, "Your Dead Jim"?)

Yea it was too late to fix the 'Your' to 'You're', and now I'm just much tied up to fix it lol. Plus you're right about the revival of Kirk, I think with the next 'nexus' coming up, STO should look into reviving Kirk

Also with examining player equip, I understand it might be a project that may take awhile to work on, I just point it out that many mmos have this feature and (when much of the substance of season 4 is done with) adding this would be a great thing for both space and ground.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-17-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm all for this being on the dev's plate, just on the backburner. Good thing is that this is probably one of those features that can be developed as a side project, so maybe we'll see it relatively soon anyway!

Tough luck about the avatar. Kinda like the same with my name. Didn't realize it until years later, but phonics (likely) dictates that my name be pronounced "fie-zicks-man", not "fizz-icks-man", but here I am. :-D