Lt. Commander
# 11 No Todays Millitary
01-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3darkangel View Post
Like the idea of roaming your own ship. Be nice little touch if the crew nodded, saluted or just stopped walking while their superior officer walks past.

and..

whats with the beam into and out of your own ship's bridge? its only a change of view....
While i have no idea where cryptic or the STO team got the idea that starfleet officers or personel saluted. in all of the star trek shows and movies there is no such thing. saluting is gone. officer only stand at attention when a superior officer walks in the room or they have to adress such an officer. they do no salute.
Also harry did not salute janeway when he first met her. he stood at attention.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takiwa View Post
I am bothered by a few things...
1. the hallway going to my room is HUGE, ok I am in a defiant, where did all the interior volume come it. Oh wait it is the same on every ship I visit. Mt complaint would be scale, come on guys it doesnt take a brain sergeon to figure out that a defiant will not have cavernous hallways. And I can't believe your artists dont have a way to just scale things down, ALA the golden ship models, which are SWEET!

There is no way there is that much room on my Bird of Pray, the thing has a crew of like 40 people, yet I passed a few hundered on my tour of my BOP... WTF????

I have yet to understand how come all the bridges are oversized as well, and do not seem to conform to ship class, which in all the movies they did. In fact I would have thought it would be exceedingly easy for the modellers and artists to do the bridges of the different ships in the movies shows etc, since you can just watch the episodes and see the stuff.

Now that I said mostly negative things, I will reiterate... The interiors are COOL. I love them, but it needs more work, in some cases the size detracts from the feeling of immersion when your inside the ship and its oversized, or you see crew literally falling over each other and in too high of quantities.

Takiwa
I believe it may have to do with the camera perspective. Third person views tend to get really messed up in "real" scales because the camera will drag on the ceiling or you end up looking at ceiling features when panning down, which becomes disorientating or feels cramped. Easiest way to deal with it is to scale up to somewhere between x1.25 - x2 size for interior areas, particularly in the realm of ceiling height. You could simply raise the ceiling, but that wouldn't look right, so you raise the ceiling maybe by x2 and the wall and floor space by x1.25 or x1.5 depending on which would look better.
Lt. Commander
# 13 traveling
01-17-2011, 08:05 AM
I think a cool feature would be the ability to travel from system to system on the bridge. You can see the map on the viewscreen and instead of a popup with the face of your officer telling you that you are there the character just tells you on the bridge. When it's someone contacting you from outside of the ship it comes up on the screen. I know this would take some time to program, but it would be pretty cool.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-17-2011, 08:44 AM
The interiors are awful if im totally honest , millions of crewmen roaming around into walls, nothing useable, massive interiors , very badly made bridges, id love a purpose to use interiors.

I certainly wont buy anymore bridge packs as the last few releases have been such a poor low quality.

Maybe one day they will do something with the interiors , only reason i got there is to take a old mission buut most of the time i dont even do that as i cant be bothered to use two extra loading screens to just take a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-17-2011, 01:03 PM
I would love to see more interior. That was one of the main things I wanted when the game was released. I want to see ships damage after a battle walking through the ship. be able to interact and change courses through warp using the bridge, with warp effects out the windows. stuff like that. Some of it could be optional and still be able to use the old way. perhaps even make diplomatic missions or such where special characters come onto the ship and you talk to them about something they need you to do or take them.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-29-2011, 09:05 PM
I would love to have a few missions that actually take place on board our personal ships. I mean, like with Voyager's gel packs getting infected or like DS9's infestation of cardassian voles...or even someone you brought on board raising some trouble (the Vulcan who turned out to be an Undine infiltrator)

If I'm wrong and we have those types of missions, I must not be high enough up in rank to play them yet. I remember one with some Cardassian Guls and sorting out some claim that one was a traitor....but I haven't been back to find that mission since I got off my brother's account and got the game for myself.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2011, 09:58 AM
I really really want the ship interiors to be useful, I do, but this argument keeps cropping up everywhere and I dont think it is going to be fixed anytime soon.

Personally I am getting tired of seeing this argument, I can only immagine that cryptic is, which might be why they dont respond to these topics much if any anymore.

P.S. I really really want the bridge to be useful, so I am wanting the same thing, just saying is all.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonbull1
As for the mission replay , at least give us a holodeck to go into and replay the missions from there
plus the option of playing foundry missions from the holodeck

that would be a little better

In other words:

"Hi with regard to STO mission replay and the Foundry, I'd like you guys to repeat one of the major mistake Paragon made with it's Mission Architect system in 'City of Heroes', thanks."
Lt. Commander
# 19 What, no holodeck?
01-30-2011, 12:08 PM
I like the change of scenery with visiting the bridge. I would in fact consider STO less of a game without it there. My problem is the lack of interactivity. You can't right click a chair or sofa to sit down, or a bed to lay down before logging out. (There is no chance of my wife liking this game without those features.)

I also seem to want to click on the food creating machines so I can make my own drink or food as was so often seen in Star Trek the Next Generation. It'd be nice to create the drink or food and then drink it or have an option of eating it at a table.

Lastly... what, no holodeck?? I mean... okay... I get that maybe the extra work to create the bay that we could pilot our own little away ship and guide it out of the bay would be a bit of work... boy, it would be fun. But holodeck... I don't even know how many shows I saw with the holodeck referenced. From taking a girl on a date to playing lazer tag, the holodeck was a supremely useful thing.

(no holodeck )
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takiwa View Post
First I agree the interiors have come a very Long way from when I first started. I just resubbed and walked around them and was floored.

I am bothered by a few things...
1. the hallway going to my room is HUGE, ok I am in a defiant, where did all the interior volume come it.
This won't completely solve your problem, but go into the ship designer in the shipyard. On the screen where you can select a bridge, you can also choose between a small, medium, or large interior layout. Selecting small won't make the hallways and rooms less gigantic, but the rooms will at least be closer together.