Lt. Commander
# 1 Which actor is the "Boss"
12-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Ive been looking to ad a "Named" actor in one of my missions.

Im using a Klingon Capt Boss ground (#3 I think) and wanted to give him a name. This group ususally spawns a Dhahar Master, But how can you tell which one is going to be him?

Same thing for space, as Id like to have a Battleship group, but want to name the "big" ship.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-16-2010, 07:42 PM
It should be the lowest number in the group.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
It should be the lowest number in the group.
I haven't been able to confirm what Grand Nagus said. If he's proven incorrect however, that's probably because a) Cryptic hasn't gotten yet to fix this; or b) it was done to circumvent certain exploits.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-17-2010, 03:54 AM
I'm kind of siding with Grand Nagus. That's what I did for my end fight (after a little revision). I even went so far as to reskin the ship so it's nor exactly randomized.

But yes, to echo what Grand Nagus said, the bottom (lowest number) of the drop down list for the NPC group in your placed grouping seems to be the first of the group to spawn. I assume the rest of the list would spawn according to level and the player's group size, likely in that bottom-to-top order (in the event like me where you renamed the actors without numbers). This could probably bear a bit more experimenting to really make sure.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-17-2010, 04:14 AM
Thanks everyone, Ill try it out later tonight and let you know.