Lt. Commander
# 21
12-18-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't think i've ever done SB24 with a team.

On my new sci off i went as soon as i could and then quickly ported out when i realized i only had 2 BOs and the rest redshirts (funny thing is the redshirts lived longer than me)

I came back a level or two later 8 i think, set difficulty to normal and breezed right through with crap gear. the sword masters are the only major problem even on normal as soon as i get the one that pats around i just go straight down stairs get the data downloaded and the sci on the left then work my way back to the start.

With two objectives in the first room with a quick respawn even if i get laid out there are two more right at the beginning.

on my VA eng. I use rally points constantly and set up my turret and generators if i ignore the swordmasters usually one of the devices will agro it and i can clear out the trash and then use the BOs to FF him.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-18-2010, 04:34 PM
If you are attempting this solo, you may want to lower your difficulty level to Normal before entering the space battle. Klingon Swordmasters are brutal at that level on Elite, and I've even seen teams of 5 struggle with them on Advanced if there are more than 3 Swordmasters running around.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-19-2010, 08:16 AM
I personally wait until I am at least ltCmdr1 to do this mission, just so your sci BOs have enough points in medical tricorder, and have vascular regen 1, and you should have an eng BO with shield regen. Then it's really just a walk in the park. You beam into the station, there is a bunch of NPCs that are attacking Klingons in the first hallway, you just focus fire on each one individually. When the hall is clear, enter the first room on your right and keep to the right, or left of the room. Make sure you aggro only one mob at a time and just continue that pattern throughout the mission. Booyah! Easy as pie!

EDIT: The only REAL hard part is any swordsmen you may encounter... make sure you target them FIRST, and get rid of them. At low levels, they tend to chop down most BOs with only a few swings.

EDIT 2: Oh, and if there are no swordmasters, then take out those bleeding targ handlers... they can spawn an INFINITE amount of annoying targs that like to chew on your butt. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zornow
I am about ready to quit STO. I finally reach level 5 and take the starbase 24 mission. I destroy 20 klingon ships and then beam down to starbase 24 where I am suppose to rescue some scientists and beam them above the ship. Well all I find is klingons everywhere.I am out numbered 2 to 1. How can I complete the mission with only and away team of four against 15 to 20 klingons against me? No way. Crytic made this mission IMPOSSIBLE to complete
I spent my lower levels there so what are you complaining about? I f you thinks SB24 is hard .....
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-19-2010, 08:27 AM
you should obviously try different tactics instead of quiting the game all together. at the beginning of the game in my lower levels i lived in Starbase 24... i did countless hours of solo play there getting loot drop and experience.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-20-2010, 03:48 PM
I play SB24 all the time. I use it as a test for new weapons and Boff sets. To me, it's the best Fleet Action in the game.

The space portion is completable solo, but you will die a lot as it's meant for lots of players, and it is a lot more fun if you have a group together.

The ground portion is more solo-able than the space portion. Don't stray too far from your away team, though.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zornow
I am about ready to quit STO. I finally reach level 5 and take the starbase 24 mission. I destroy 20 klingon ships and then beam down to starbase 24 where I am suppose to rescue some scientists and beam them above the ship. Well all I find is klingons everywhere.I am out numbered 2 to 1. How can I complete the mission with only and away team of four against 15 to 20 klingons against me? No way. Crytic made this mission IMPOSSIBLE to complete
Ya know, Captain Pike had that attitude in the beginning of "The Cage".

Look what happened to him!!
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-21-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Identiaetlos View Post
I play SB24 all the time. I use it as a test for new weapons and Boff sets. To me, it's the best Fleet Action in the game.

The space portion is completable solo, but you will die a lot as it's meant for lots of players, and it is a lot more fun if you have a group together.

The ground portion is more solo-able than the space portion. Don't stray too far from your away team, though.
It's a great testing ground for tactics for team and solo play. Yeah, if you do the space portion solo you will die--a lot--but in the process, you'll get a good idea of what works and what doesn't for your ship tactically and strategically. And if you're working with teammates--either pick up teammates during the battle or a prearranged team--then it's loads of fun. My only drawback is that I don't have voice chat so that messes up on ability to coordinate. I see someone in trouble, I generally try to help out if I can.

The attitude you have is a very important part of what enjoyment you get out of a game. You get out of SB24, just as with the rest of the game, what you put into it. If you go into it with the attitude that you're going to have a good time and that the journey is more important than the destination, then you'll probably have a good time. But if your goal is to beat the game in record time or to "pwn" the game or the competition, then this is probably not the scenario or game for you. In other words, relax, have fun, and if you "die" a few times along the way, don't sweat it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-21-2010, 04:38 AM
I have to admit, I found this difficult when I started out (when I was a noobie - maybe still new to some stuff, anyway) all I did was run like the clappers tagged the scientist and let my away team become the decoy while I completed the mission objectives. Occasionally, the force field holds them away long enough while you tap away at the consoles.

Worked for me anyway, couldnt help but think that it got harder the more you leveled up!
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-21-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Identiaetlos View Post

/agreed I love SB24 it is what i often play most to try new things!
Closed Thread