Lt. Commander
I've been playing the game a little over a week now. I had intended to buy it when it first launched, but had a gut feeling that I shouldnt, and the more I play now the more I realize that feeling was right.

My Klingon faction character has just hit lt commander, and as the free ship I chose the somraw raptor, only to find out that it has zero customization options whatsoever. I spent the 40k credits to try out the other two t2 ships, and neither of them have any customization options either.

Klingon missions are severely lacking compared to the Federation side, and while I can understand that it takes time to write out and implement all the new content, but you shouldnt have even released the faction in the state it's currently in.

As an MMORPG, the monthly fee is to be expected, but then you go and charge us on the c-store to get things that should have been included with the game when it shipped. Not only that, but much of the content from the c-store has errors in it - both the Ily and MajQa bridges have model errors where you can see space through the ship's hull (and beyond that, the klingon sickbay on all ships has similar clipping errors in its walls). If you want to charge people for 'extra' stuff that has no real impact on the game and is only for aesthetic value, the least you could do is put in a complete product, not something that was botched together and bugged.

Past the customization and model issues, this game is plagued with crash-to-desktop bugs and server connection loss issues during loading screens. More than a dozen times I've had to restart a mission because of crashes or server disconnects halfway through - on both factions.

To even think that you're working on the Romulan faction already with the state that the Klingons are in is laughable, and I have no doubts that they'll probably be in just as bad a state, wouldnt be surprised if you charged us to play them either.

When a customer buys a product, they expect that product to be in complete, working condition without flaws. When flaws are found, or when the product does not work as advertised, they demand a refund. I'm not sure your company could afford to refund all of the players that have been cheated out of their money here for an inferior product. The least you could do is get your people in gear and focus on fixing the bugs that riddle this game, if it had any more you could probably market STO as an internet ant farm.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Since you're still in your free month (first 30 days) you're not paying them for anything.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Since you're still in your free month (first 30 days) you're not paying them for anything.
Well technically a little since he bought the box.
And even then subbing only pays for access to the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telbasta
My Klingon faction character has just hit lt commander, and as the free ship I chose the somraw raptor, only to find out that it has zero customization options whatsoever. I spent the 40k credits to try out the other two t2 ships, and neither of them have any customization options either.
Issue here is Fed customization vs Klingon customization?
And there are plenty of options, ship color, ship pattern, ship pattern color, different bridges and 3 sizes for interiors. My Raptor is green with purple highlights.
And they do get more options with higher tier ships.

Quote:
As an MMORPG, the monthly fee is to be expected, but then you go and charge us on the c-store to get things that should have been included with the game when it shipped.
Complaints on the C-store are so biased unless one recognize the fact that most of todays P2P MMOs these days go them.
And everything in the C-Store is optional. Nothing is needed to play the game. Unless you set your mind to that you need fancy looks to improve your fun factor.

Quote:
Past the customization and model issues, this game is plagued with crash-to-desktop bugs and server connection loss issues during loading screens. More than a dozen times I've had to restart a mission because of crashes or server disconnects halfway through - on both factions.
Rarely if ever crash here. It does increase a bit after each new Season but it is to be expected with a giant patch.
Sometimes it can be your connection and/or hardware that causes issues. Says me with a 4 year old piece of junk and a semi decent connection.

Quote:
To even think that you're working on the Romulan faction already with the state that the Klingons are in is laughable, and I have no doubts that they'll probably be in just as bad a state, wouldnt be surprised if you charged us to play them either.
They aren't working on Romulan faction until Klingons are more complete...

Quote:
When a customer buys a product, they expect that product to be in complete, working condition without flaws. When flaws are found, or when the product does not work as advertised, they demand a refund. I'm not sure your company could afford to refund all of the players that have been cheated out of their money here for an inferior product. The least you could do is get your people in gear and focus on fixing the bugs that riddle this game, if it had any more you could probably market STO as an internet ant farm
A MMO is never complete.
A game i never without flaws(Hello Fallout 3).

The refund part might have had some solid ground at launch but not now. It has improved leaps and bounds since that time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Yes Cryptic...what are we paying for? Why isn't there a dev signed ban hammer in the Cryptic giftshop?!:p
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Quote:
When a customer buys a product, they expect that product to be in complete, working condition without flaws. When flaws are found, or when the product does not work as advertised, they demand a refund. I'm not sure your company could afford to refund all of the players that have been cheated out of their money here for an inferior product. The least you could do is get your people in gear and focus on fixing the bugs that riddle this game, if it had any more you could probably market STO as an internet ant farm.
You know this applies to every video game that exists, right? They all have bugs that make it into the final product. Personally I think Cryptic is doing a pretty good job dealing with the larger issues that pop up. Before coming to this game I use to play SWG and that game has tons of bugs in it. And it's been out with over 7 years!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akalayus
You know this applies to every video game that exists, right? They all have bugs that make it into the final product. Personally I think Cryptic is doing a pretty good job dealing with the larger issues that pop up. Before coming to this game I use to play SWG and that game has tons of bugs in it. And it's been out with over 7 years!
So can we finish the deferi episodes yet? how long has it been? FANTASTIC JOB.

It would be different if the game had mass amounts of content , then you could let something like A MAJOR EPISODE stay bugged for a bit. AS far as the OP's question , you are paying for exactly what cryptic decides to give you. If you don't like it leave, thats the advice you will get on these forums.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-18-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtorma View Post
So can we finish the deferi episodes yet? how long has it been? FANTASTIC JOB.

It would be different if the game had mass amounts of content , then you could let something like A MAJOR EPISODE stay bugged for a bit. AS far as the OP's question , you are paying for exactly what cryptic decides to give you. If you don't like it leave, thats the advice you will get on these forums.
I don't know about you but myself and i would gather many others have been able to finish those missions ever since they went live.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-18-2010, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
I don't know about you but myself and i would gather many others have been able to finish those missions ever since they went live.
I believe something has happened to Cold Case after Season 3 went live. Myself and many others are currently stuck and can not proceed any further on this mission. Still, i have plenty to do otherwise, my mission log is forever full :p

Off topic and on a different note, how do i get to change my Forum Name to include the blue text? Before anyone replies with LTS, i purchased mine yesterday yet can not seem to find the option to adjust. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-18-2010, 02:34 AM
from the forums goto 'my account'. in the control panel list under miscellaneous is 'group memberships' you can change it there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
from the forums goto 'my account'. in the control panel list under miscellaneous is 'group memberships' you can change it there.
Thanks very much indeed.