Lt. Commander
# 11
12-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtorma View Post
So can we finish the deferi episodes yet? how long has it been? FANTASTIC JOB.

Congrats this is the first time out of your seemingly endless posts complaining about this that you have been close to being on topic with the thread you are posting in.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
Congrats this is the first time out of your seemingly endless posts complaining about this that you have been close to being on topic with the thread you are posting in.
Yes , I am quite proud of myself , and your endorsement makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I think I will save this post just to remind myself how truly effective repetition is. Squeeky wheel and all that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Nothing new here.... Same old bones of contention. The current leadership of STO is well aware of the issues and are addressing them. I would suggest for the OP to do some homework using the forum thread search function to get up to speed on all that has been going on for nearly the past year then reconsider the original post and its merits.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtorma View Post
Yes , I am quite proud of myself , and your endorsement makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I think I will save this post just to remind myself how truly effective repetition is. Squeeky wheel and all that.
I'm not the least bit surprised you would be proud of spamming the forums (Violating more then one of the forum rules) over a little bug that has developed right after a large update. The childish nature of your rantings has made it clear you would take pride in your useless effort.

What exactly do you think your post are going to accomplish?
It would seem you imagine some kind action from the developers in response to your ramblings.
Maybe something like this?

DEV 1: Wow that's like the 100th post from this loon crying about a bug in the breen missions.
DEV 2: Oh yeah we got a bunch of bug reports about that the day season 3 went live.
DEV 1: OK I remember now, we weren't ever going to fix that bug right?
DEV 2: That's right, we figured no one cared enough for us to bother.
DEV 1: Well this guy Xtorma seems really up set about it.
DEV 2: Wow. Really? Well we had not intention of ever fixing this bug ever, but if that one guy is really
angry about it I guess we will should fix it.
DEV 1: You are right we should drop everything else and fix this bug right now.
DEV 2: OK, well there we go and it only took a minute. Now let write this cry baby a formal letter of apology.
DEV 1: That's just not good enough for the hardship we have caused him, maybe we should resign for
our failure as well.
DEV 2: Indeed we should.

Back in reality the bug is being worked on and will be fixed just like every other bug that a big patch has caused. So you could have just saved us all the drama and waited like everyone else with a little bit of dignity.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
I'm not the least bit surprised you would be proud of spamming the forums (Violating more then one of the forum rules) over a little bug that has developed right after a large update. The childish nature of your rantings has made it clear you would take pride in your useless effort.

What exactly do you think your post are going to accomplish?
It would seem you imagine some kind action from the developers in response to your ramblings.
Maybe something like this?

DEV 1: Wow that's like the 100th post from this loon crying about a bug in the breen missions.
DEV 2: Oh yeah we got a bunch of bug reports about that the day season 3 went live.
DEV 1: OK I remember now, we weren't ever going to fix that bug right?
DEV 2: That's right, we figured no one cared enough for us to bother.
DEV 1: Well this guy Xtorma seems really up set about it.
DEV 2: Wow. Really? Well we had not intention of ever fixing this bug ever, but if that one guy is really
angry about it I guess we will should fix it.
DEV 1: You are right we should drop everything else and fix this bug right now.
DEV 2: OK, well there we go and it only took a minute. Now let write this cry baby a formal letter of apology.
DEV 1: That's just not good enough for the hardship we have caused him, maybe we should resign for
our failure as well.
DEV 2: Indeed we should.

Back in reality the bug is being worked on and will be fixed just like every other bug that a big patch has caused. So you could have just saved us all the drama and waited like everyone else with a little bit of dignity.
Nicely put.

What i don't get about about the OP is how in just a week he has seemingly done everything and is now bored? I've been playing for around a month, and yes i have other things going on in my life but i do make time for the wonderful game when i can. Yes the Cold Case mission is annoying that i can't finish it at the moment, but rather than whine on the forums, i reported it to a GM who was very quick to inform me the situation, and i got on with the rest of my packed mission log. If in just a week you are bored and wondering what you are paying for, simply STO isn't for you. Yet i'm sure you are getting enough out of your money constantly trolling these forums.
Two days ago i decided to go LTS, after such a big improvement to the game since i tried things first time around on the Beta. I'm looking forward to a long and great future with this game. If Cryptic can do what they have done in the first year, this time next year things will be looking very rosy indeed. I wish people would get the mentality of everything must have the polish and content of Wow out of their heads, as there is a 5 year gap.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
What i don't get about about the OP is how in just a week he has seemingly done everything and is now bored?
I didnt say I was bored, I said that the plethora of bugs and the lack of options for the klingon faction are frustrating issues that need to be resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telbasta
I didnt say I was bored, I said that the plethora of bugs and the lack of options for the klingon faction are frustrating issues that need to be resolved.
That might have something to do with the fact that the Klinks were supposed to be a PvP only faction. Enough of them got upset about that fact that cryptic is playing catch up trying to get them close to equal with the feds, all while the have to keep adding content for the fed.

I don't play the klink side so I don't know for sure but i would guess as of later they are doing a better job with klink content as i don't see 100 threads all crying about the same thing here.

If you really think the klingons get the short end of the stick, you should have been here at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
That might have something to do with the fact that the Klinks were supposed to be a PvP only faction. Enough of them got upset about that fact that cryptic is playing catch up trying to get them close to equal with the feds, all while the have to keep adding content for the fed.

I don't play the klink side so I don't know for sure but i would guess as of later they are doing a better job with klink content as i don't see 100 threads all crying about the same thing here.

If you really think the klingons get the short end of the stick, you should have been here at launch.
Again, it is simply a lack of historical understanding that the OP is suffering from.

I really wish Dan would start an official STO chronology log and itemize all the evolutionary issues that have transpired since the prerelease hype, CB & OB and finally release -etc... He could list things from the executive producer perspective, the dev team in general, and the community. I think such a document would serve all interested parties well in the future and newbie players will have a proper reference tool to digest prior to ranting on the forums and save themselves, the devs and the community a lot of needless aggravation.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-19-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Spartan View Post
Again, it is simply a lack of historical understanding that the OP is suffering from.

I really wish Dan would start an official STO chronology log and itemize all the evolutionary issues that have transpired since the prerelease hype, CB & OB and finally release -etc... He could list things from the executive producer perspective, the dev team in general, and the community. I think such a document would serve all interested parties well in the future and newbie players will have a proper reference tool to digest prior to ranting on the forums and save themselves, the devs and the community a lot of needless aggravation.
That would be nice. It is getting a bit old hearing people cry over what is nothing compared to 9 months ago.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Spartan View Post

The engineering reports serve a similar purpose, extremely useful. Though a more formal chronology wouldn't go amiss... However as the old saying goes "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."