Lt. Commander
Can someone answer me this. When i go onto tribble I find the graphics alot ALOT better and notice able when playing. Crisper, even shadows look better. Whats up with that?? Why isnt holodeck looking that good???

Is there something on tribble atm being tested thatll make its way to holodeck??? Iam thinking it has to do with directx11 but not sure..

Has anyone else noticed this at all?? or is it just me?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Different settings?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Different settings?
no i checked but all the same. Was hoping someone else would of possibly felt the same as I. maybe its just an illusion :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Have they enabled DX11 on Tribble? I seem to remember an option for it a couple of weeks ago that was removed because it wasn't ready as of yet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
Have they enabled DX11 on Tribble? I seem to remember an option for it a couple of weeks ago that was removed because it wasn't ready as of yet.
Yah know I was looking for something like that but couldnt find it. I had thought maybe they just enabled it without us having to have an option for it and thats why tribble looks so much better *shrug*
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-17-2010, 11:32 PM
no its not different settings, it has always been like that, i dont know way??? , i would like to know 2, tribble looks way way better you can even see the material of the uniforms some really cool graphics.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-17-2010, 11:53 PM
As it was explained in another thread about the same issue. The graphics settings on tribble are lower than holodeck so when they put things on there lower end video cards an process all the video and higher end cards perceive the video as amazing or stunning. The graphics on holodeck are higher and thus unless you have one of those super graphics cards you will not get the same appearance on holodeck as you do on tribble. and no the direct x 11 is not as of yet enabled on tribble or holodeck but they are moving towards that
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Enterprise_J
As it was explained in another thread about the same issue. The graphics settings on tribble are lower than holodeck so when they put things on there lower end video cards an process all the video and higher end cards perceive the video as amazing or stunning. The graphics on holodeck are higher and thus unless you have one of those super graphics cards you will not get the same appearance on holodeck as you do on tribble. and no the direct x 11 is not as of yet enabled on tribble or holodeck but they are moving towards that
Doesn't make much sense. I have a high end graphics card in a high end computer.

i7 CPU
8GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 460 video card running latest drivers

Tribble looks better than Holodeck. There aren't many more game-graphic-friendlier computers than mine except for some of the new 500 series video cards. Running Trib and Holodeck maxed graphics at 1920x1080 on a 40 inch monitor. Why would I have different graphic quality, and why would the test shard be the one that delivers superior graphics quality?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-18-2010, 12:48 AM
It's magic!
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-18-2010, 12:49 AM
seconding the "magic" idea. sometimes I wonder how Tribble even works at times. I mean, how can tribbles run on wheels to power that server?