Lt. Commander
I don't usually complain about stuff in the game cause for the most part, I like where things are going. But trying to do missions and having these ships come up and engage me and suck me into a deep space encounter isn't fun. It seems like it's worse now than it was when I was leveling up my first character. I don't know, maybe I'm just alone in this, but I'm just annoyed when it happens and wait for the first possible moment to leave it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-18-2010, 09:07 AM
What would make more sense if if they were just optional rather than going all together.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Some people complain about the game not having enough random things that can happen to you and others complain about wanting the only random thing in the game to be removed because it's annoying. There's just no winning here because you can't please everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-18-2010, 09:09 AM
If I can find the post I will put it up, but DStahl has said that he plans on completely overhauling DSE's.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-18-2010, 09:10 AM
i think nobody would miss the DSE's at this point.

Just make it a permanent zone like with the klingons...
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Some people complain about the game not having enough random things that can happen to you and others complain about wanting the only random thing in the game to be removed because it's annoying. There's just no winning here because you can't please everyone.
If it was some cool spatial anomalies or something for me to investigate and give me xp for then I'm all for it. But just sucking me into some mindless killing spree isn't fun. I'm already doing mindless killing in the normal missions. It's not like these deep space encounters are 'breaking up' the monotony.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
i think nobody would miss the DSE's at this point.

Just make it a permanent zone like with the klingons...
I'd miss them. My hope is that DSEs will eventually evolve into different types of ransom missions in Sector Space. So you're flying through sector space and get pulled out of warp by a Space Amoeba, or you're flying through space and encounter President Lincoln on a throne, or you're flying through space and get trapped in a Cosmic String, or you're encounter a derelict that you need to bored and investigate, and so on, including encountering hostile Factions.

I think the current DSEs are just the tip of the iceberg for what they can be.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehra
If it was some cool spatial anomalies or something for me to investigate and give me xp for then I'm all for it. But just sucking me into some mindless killing spree isn't fun. I'm already doing mindless killing in the normal missions. It's not like these deep space encounters are 'breaking up' the monotony.
Those encounters are generally supposed to signify that the galaxy is at war in this time period. I know many fans like to forget the war and pretend they're playing in one of the series' eras and just out exploring but the game is supposed to have a theme. I'm not saying DSEs are great: they're quickly constructed like everything else in the game, but they do have a 25th century continuity purpose, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presbytier View Post
If I can find the post I will put it up, but DStahl has said that he plans on completely overhauling DSE's.
I heard this, too. I just wish that they'd fix the zone-in points for some of the maps. I hate warping in only to be ambushed by the enemy flagship and it's entourage! :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-18-2010, 09:39 AM
i agree, the dses do need to go. i was pulled into a fight with +5's i had no chance to even fight back. i was killed within 25 sec. luckily for me there was a group of captainbs that pulled the arrgo off of me to escape.