Lt. Commander
# 21
12-19-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
On the contrary my Defiant's name is Dauntless, i just didn't get around to updating my forum profile. but if it enrages the trolls maybe I'll keep it.
How many times did you play Bridge Commander? :p

( joking )
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-19-2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Does EXITPRISE count?
Remind me to slap you :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-19-2010, 02:32 AM
Enterpieces perhaps?
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-19-2010, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Does EXITPRISE count?
ROFL!

Sorry.. that was funny.. carry on with the discussion.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-19-2010, 07:28 AM
I've been guilty of calling 2 ships USS Galactica and USS Serenity when I started playing this game, only to find out that there are tons of others using those names Then I went to call ships after famous bassguitars, named my intrepid after voyager's voyage home (USS Homewards) and I'm sure it's not hard guessing what species my captain of the USS Noble Greed is (currently captaining the USS Discovery tho).
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-19-2010, 07:34 AM
I think the fun comes from using ship names that might mean something to the individual or as an inside joke. My first character all had ships that made reference to the band Genesis -- both musicians in the band and songs. It was enjoyable to fly around in the USS Gabriel or USS Salmacis because I figured no one else would be doing that.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-19-2010, 07:44 AM
Lol, that's great. I might do something similair with the band Steely Dan. I always name my runabouts USS Alembic Sounds pretty cool, and it's named after something I'd like to have in the future as much as my own runabout

Also had a science ship named USS Endorphine, what should've been an attempt at humour by my vulcan captain. At least, I think vulcans don't produce that vital substance, I mean they do have logic
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-19-2010, 08:20 AM
You people do know that Star Trek and most other sci fi pretty much did not invent those ship names in the first place right? :p

Defiant, Enterprise, Prometheus, Monitor, Normandy, Voyager, all those names pretty much existed as names of warships long before Star Trek or Sci-Fi was even concieved of. :p
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-19-2010, 09:07 AM
The ship and character naming have been the most negative aspect in STO to me.....I hope on day Cryptic becomes Naming-Nazis and force people to actually use their minds to think of a ship name....
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
You people do know that Star Trek and most other sci fi pretty much did not invent those ship names in the first place right? :p

Defiant, Enterprise, Prometheus, Monitor, Normandy, Voyager, all those names pretty much existed as names of warships long before Star Trek or Sci-Fi was even concieved of. :p
With the sucess of ME2 though Normandy became the most over used ship name ever in this game for awhile. You were gurantueed to see one in Fed space pretty much.