Lt. Commander
# 1 we neeed a lore computer thing
12-18-2010, 02:03 PM
i remember classic trek games like "a final unity" and that one for genesis/super nintendo had a computer terminal were you could look up all kinds of star trek lore on races, planets, etc.

It would be really easy to do in game, designate a spot on each bridge as a library terminal and when activated just brings up a new window like the help menu only with lore options... it would make our bridges be more useful and interactive than just starring at them
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2010, 11:14 AM
I absolutely agree. A good LCARS system would be nice, rather than the RUIAPG system (Repeat Useless Information Already Previously Given) like we have.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2010, 11:23 AM
I simply go to the Memory Alpha webpage when I need ST info.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2010, 11:25 AM
I'd love something like this, personally. Would definitely help to enhance the "trek" experience.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Put it in the Captains ready room.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I simply go to the Memory Alpha webpage when I need ST info.
This. A lore computer is a MAJOR information undertaking. Just use the Memory Alpha site. It works just fine. There is no need to divert more development time from more important projects when such a resource is already.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
This. A lore computer is a MAJOR information undertaking. Just use the Memory Alpha site. It works just fine. There is no need to divert more development time from more important projects when such a resource is already.
Why not just add a consol to the Ready Room/Bridge and/or TAC View that brings up a small "WINDOWS/MAC" window to the side of the screen in which you can link to http://Memory-Alpha.org, on your own?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Why not just add a consol to the Ready Room/Bridge and/or TAC View that brings up a small "WINDOWS/MAC" window to the side of the screen in which you can link to http://Memory-Alpha.org, on your own?
That would take more coding than if they just put all the lore in-game.