Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-21-2010, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zornow
This really ticks me off big time. I finish a mission and get to choose between 3 kits.I as a captain already have one, but My science officer doesn't. So I choose a kit for my science officer. Then what do I find out.I CAN'T EQUIP MY SCIENCE OFFICER WITH A SCIENCE OFFICER KIT !!!!! Huh? What kind of game is this Cryptic/? Why get rewards you can't use/ go figure
From reading your other posts, I'm getting the impression that you're trying to "beat" the game or the developers. I get the impression you want to rush through the game quickly to get to the end for whatever reason. Slow down. Take your time through the tutorial and then take your time through the game. Stop seeing it as a competition between you and the developers. Enjoy the game instead of trying to "pwn" it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-21-2010, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
Actually the reason is because BOffs don't use kits. They get ground powers via their skills.

Kits are for PCs only.
That said, I still think it would be neat to be able to equip kits to BOs, if only for the aesthetics.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
That said, I still think it would be neat to be able to equip kits to BOs, if only for the aesthetics.
Too true, I kinda like the toolbelt/backpack look one gets going on with the high level gear. It makes me want a cool helmet for my guys.

Now as to the original gripe, it is a bit annoying to go and buy or get a kit expecting to stick it on an officer and not being able to do it, but ended up binding the thing to yourself anyway. That happened to me. Best best is to sell to a vendor, since much of the mission level reward gear is stacked up in the Grand Exchange, not selling.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Same thing happened to me, but it only happened once.

The BO skills are their kit. It is just harder to change them out.