Lt. Commander
Hi guys,

I've reached the level of Admiral on my first character but now realise that I've chosen really rubbish passive character traits when I first started him off (hindsight is always 20/20).

Can I change my passive character traits, and if so, how?

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Unfortunately, it's not possible (at least, I've never found a way to do it). Kinda sucks - I've actually deleted LtCdr characters because I ended up disliking the passives I chose.

Not that they're that important, but still...
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2010, 09:28 AM
This is why in 90% of the games I play, I'll go through creating/deleting characters until I'm 100% sure what I'm doing.

I personally never get a toon to max lvl until I know the game mechanics inside/out.

I don't think there is any way to change your passives after creation
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2010, 10:11 AM
I personally hope there is a traits overhaul in the future. Traits are horribly out of balance. Dstahl once said that he hoped to figure out a method to make ground traits more desirable, because everyone is only picking space skills.

And lets not even get into the entire efficient trait for the Saurian BOs. And the story that people are farming the lower levels to get lucky and get a Efficient Saurian BO which they can turn around and sell for 20 to 30 million EC.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2010, 10:16 AM
I wish there was a way to change Passive Traits, too, but unfortunately there is no way to do so currently. I did get lucky with my first character and choose pretty good Passive abilities (I knew from the beginning I would like to focus on Space so I did choose Efficient Captain) but a few of them aren't as good as they could be. And I want one of those damn Efficient Saurian BO!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icesavage
I personally hope there is a traits overhaul in the future. Traits are horribly out of balance. Dstahl once said that he hoped to figure out a method to make ground traits more desirable, because everyone is only picking space skills.
I'm not sure if that's due to any intrinsic undesirability of ground traits - rather, I think it's because people tend to spec for space anyway. The perception seems to be that there's more space PvE content than ground, and that ground combat "sucks" in general anyway - in that light, it's no wonder people choose space traits.

Personally, I've found some of the ground traits very useful - especially the Hold and KB resists. But then I'm one of those freakish weirdo communists who actually like ground combat...
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icesavage

And lets not even get into the entire efficient trait for the Saurian BOs. And the story that people are farming the lower levels to get lucky and get a Efficient Saurian BO which they can turn around and sell for 20 to 30 million EC.
I imagine we will see a solution to both offered in the C-Store eventually.

There's a good chunk of the population who would like to fix a trait that they mistakenly had taken at creation (especially before fully realizing what everything did). Cryptic already sells rename and respec tokens. Why not go all out and offer a trait respec? The days of "you made a poor choice just suffer thru it or re-roll" in a game are over.

Same goes for the efficient Saurian BO. Everybody would like one (hell, I'd outfit ALL my character's ships with full Saurian crews). It'd be pure gold for Cryptic (look how many people purchased the Gal-X, and the Saurain would be 10x more popular and useful).

Agree with the concept or not, Cryptic would make a mint on it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Three-Five-Nine
I imagine we will see a solution to both offered in the C-Store eventually.

There's a good chunk of the population who would like to fix a trait that they mistakenly had taken at creation (especially before fully realizing what everything did). Cryptic already sells rename and respec tokens. Why not go all out and offer a trait respec? The days of "you made a poor choice just suffer thru it or re-roll" in a game are over.

Same goes for the efficient Saurian BO. Everybody would like one (hell, I'd outfit ALL my character's ships with full Saurian crews). It'd be pure gold for Cryptic (look how many people purchased the Gal-X, and the Saurain would be 10x more popular and useful).

Agree with the concept or not, Cryptic would make a mint on it.
I'd be cool with shelling out a few bucks for a trait respec. I want to re-tool my Tac officer, but I really don't want to delete her since I've got her up to Lt. Cdr. already.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Yeah this is something that we could do in C store.Pay to choose traits.Many would do it.
And Crypic need to make sure our traits actually work on higher lvl then lt lvl's.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
meh, there all pretty rubbish, dont worry about it.