Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 41
12-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah.... the STF items and the Galaxy X are completely incomparable.
The One is earned through gameplay, the other is not.

And there is no such thing as "can't" if you can't try harder, if not then though luck.
No completing STF's, no reward, and thats how its going to be.

There's always the Aegis set which will be a craftable set.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-18-2010, 05:11 PM
OK I'll try to be clear what I'm thinking:

STF loot awarded for team play completing STFs. You need a team of players.

Galaxy X awarded for recruiting 5 players. You need 5 friends.

See my point?

Yet Galaxy X put in C-Store because of outcry of people "not willing to do the work for it."
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-18-2010, 05:25 PM
And completely unrelated.

The fact still stands.

Galaxy X = Earned through out-of-game activity
STF rewards = Earned through "gameplay" by completing a mission

Which is why its never going to be on the C-Store
Might as well give up now because a dev already stated in plain english weeks ago that current STF's will NOT be soloable, nor will the rewards be obtainable by any other means.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-18-2010, 05:30 PM
I thought they Stated that they planned soloable STFs in the future?

I know I saw that here somewhere because there was the "people aren't doing the work for them" outcry.

It's still not fair however you slice it that they can do that to our Galaxy X's yet turn around and limit loot to STF's. Nope not fair. Gotta start the outcry now!

I was able to get 5 people together, but they are all in different time zones, so unless I can mail it in in chunks..

I'm sure there's more than just me in this boat.

Ah here you go:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=soloable+STFs

And last post on this page:

BUT, don't think I won't try to get them by playing the STF's, I would just like an alternative as I have had 1 (one) enjoyable fun and completed STF in the entire time I've been playing and i've been here since the beginning.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Why would anyone PuG in the Lt. ranks, though?
Auto-teaming made PuGing the Lt. Ranks a breeze
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-18-2010, 06:03 PM
If they made the current STF's easier that would work for me!
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
The only problem with the fleet missions is they are now going to be offering EXCLUSIVE CONTENT only acheivable if you have a social gaming group.
Oh for frack's sake it's not *that* hard.

The only thing that would prevent someone from NOT completing it would be an utter lack of communication skills and the inability to 'play well with others'.

...and if that's a serious consideration, this probably isn't the best game for them.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-18-2010, 06:17 PM
So me and 4 other guys were playing infected. We got along and were having fun. Eventually after the 1rst 100 or so mobs of borg, 2 guys left. We soldiered on for awhile, but after 6 hours it was time for me to get some sleep.

All you "experienced MMO players" need to cut us casual guys some slack or we need to pay less and you more because we aren't getting the same amount of product as you, or in case of the Borg too much product

Actually just slowing them to normal speed would give people a fighting chance and by people I mean people that don't play more than an hour or two a day.
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
So me and 4 other guys were playing infected. We got along and were having fun. Eventually after the 1rst 100 or so mobs of borg, 2 guys left. We soldiered on for awhile, but after 6 hours it was time for me to get some sleep.

All you "experienced MMO players" need to cut us casual guys some slack or we need to pay less and you more because we aren't getting the same amount of product as you, or in case of the Borg too much product
Well, you certainly don't know me if you categorize me as an "experienced" MMO player. Much like you probably didn't know about that one little interlink node around the corner...

"Casual" doesn't have to mean "dumb" and "educated" doesn't mean "elitist".
Closed Thread