Lt. Commander
I'm not sure what my issue is, I was hoping to figure that out here. I'm a Commander 3 right now and quite often while doing ground missions specifically against Romulans, it takes a ridiculously long time to kill any of them. Especially when they have a medic healing health and a Centurion repairing shields non-stop. I'm wondering what I can do better, because right now ground missions just aren't fun to me.

Since my main character tends to get aggro, I'll keep the enemy's back toward the rest of my team so they do flank damage. I always focus fire the one target. I'm wondering if my problem is a bad combination of Expose/Exploit weapons? My captain has an exploit weapon, most of my BO's have expose weapons, and I generally try to wait for the right moment to fire my exploit shot.

I'm also wondering if my ground team is just not configured very well. I'm an engineering captain, I have 2 science officers, 1 tactical and 1 engineering. I don't think the quality of my weaponry is my problem, I give my BO's pretty decent items I get from the quest rewards.

Any thoughts on what I can do to better my ground game? At the moment it's such a bore. My difficulty is set on Advanced, I've tried it on the easiest one and it seems to be about the same. This is presently not challenging in the slightest, I'm hardly ever in danger of dying. It just takes too long to kill anything.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Its not just you, I've run across that problem when I was leveling up my Klingon. Focus fire on any medic first and try to defeat them. You could also try getting stronger weapons and giving 2 or 3 BOs an exploit weapon.

I honestly believe it is a bug because they have unusually high heal rate. As soon as their health goes down about 3/4 of the way, they heal up almost completely.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcE0118
I'm not sure what my issue is, I was hoping to figure that out here. I'm a Commander 3 right now and quite often while doing ground missions specifically against Romulans, it takes a ridiculously long time to kill any of them. Especially when they have a medic healing health and a Centurion repairing shields non-stop. I'm wondering what I can do better, because right now ground missions just aren't fun to me.

Since my main character tends to get aggro, I'll keep the enemy's back toward the rest of my team so they do flank damage. I always focus fire the one target. I'm wondering if my problem is a bad combination of Expose/Exploit weapons? My captain has an exploit weapon, most of my BO's have expose weapons, and I generally try to wait for the right moment to fire my exploit shot.

I'm also wondering if my ground team is just not configured very well. I'm an engineering captain, I have 2 science officers, 1 tactical and 1 engineering. I don't think the quality of my weaponry is my problem, I give my BO's pretty decent items I get from the quest rewards.

Any thoughts on what I can do to better my ground game? At the moment it's such a bore. My difficulty is set on Advanced, I've tried it on the easiest one and it seems to be about the same. This is presently not challenging in the slightest, I'm hardly ever in danger of dying. It just takes too long to kill anything.
No.....it's about the same for everyone else.....only advice I can give you is...kill the medics first,they have a nasty habit of reviving fallen comrades....and put up turrets before you enter combat,draw them to you....
For the rest you seem to have it covered.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2010, 09:50 AM
I'd suggest teaming up with other players for ground missions; even having 1 other player character with you can make things much easier. Besides, it can be a lot more fun when you have someone to talk to (BOs are such lousy conversationalists).
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Have all of your officers target the medic first and pop buffs and debuffs on them while shooting them. From the medics, next target the Centurians and repeat. I agree it is a PITA.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-20-2010, 11:53 AM
As everyone else has said, target the medics first. I follow up by killing any targets without shields before moving onto the centurions using a bat'leth, which will ignore their shields entirely.

Honestly, the only problem I have is against melee heavy groups like Klingons. They 2-3 guys stand back and shoot while the rest charge me and my boffs. I get run over in just a few seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCtim
Honestly, the only problem I have is against melee heavy groups like Klingons. They 2-3 guys stand back and shoot while the rest charge me and my boffs. I get run over in just a few seconds.
Mines are the obvious answer to melee-happy mobs. Slightly more subtle solutions are Gravimetric Shift, Force Field Dome and Sonic Pulse, along with other hold/knockdown attacks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Focus fire on the medic first. Use control abilities on the Centurion. Stuff like Stun Pistols and Stasis Field work wonders here.

Examined WHAT ground weapons you have. I personally prefer a mix of area effect expose weapons for my BOFFs and a POWERFUL exploit weapon (like a sniper rifle or a compression pistol) and a stun pistol for myself. Perhaps get in melee with the Romulans? Try using a Bat'leth as it bypasses shields.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Im willing to help you. I enjoy Ground combat and I take any PVE challenge. Hit me up in game.