Lt. Commander
Note: It has been entered so go vote for it! link is in my sig

Well since the rules for the contest only allow one entry to be submitted and that entry cannot be taken back, I was wondering if people could give me either comments or suggestions on my design on the Enterprise. I am not a particularly good artist or photoshopper but I think it came out pretty well.

Intervention -class
Intervention class: Final edition

History:
Due to Starfleet's ever growing needs of advanced capable ships out on the battlefield, the Starfleet corps of engineers have come together to design the Intervention -class. Primarily a tactical ship designed to counter the larger and more powerful ships of the Klingons, Romulans, and Borg. The ship boasts two smaller shuttle bays and a large one along with a docking pad on it's aft. This pad is large enough of carrying two runabouts or two attack fighters or even smaller alien craft/freighters. The Intervention class carries 340 torpedoes, has six torpedo bays, along with 18 phaser banks. The Intervention class is as powerful as two galaxy class starships and 1 and 2/3 larger then a Galaxy class.

Although primarily a combat ship, it boasts a large science department and carries a lot of the same medical equipment a small star base has. It is well designed as an exploration craft for after war missions.

Attributes:
The saucer can separate from the rest of the ship and the impulse engines extend out slightly to form smaller pylons.

Yes it's another Enterprise entry thread, but it's one I have'nt entered yet and i'm not asking for votes.........yet
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2010, 11:19 AM
It a new look so props for that. Only thing that stands out is that The saucer section is abstructing the defflector dish. So either move the saucer up more or move the deflector to the front of the saucer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennek
It a new look so props for that. Only thing that stands out is that The saucer section is abstructing the defflector dish. So either move the saucer up more or move the deflector to the front of the saucer.
Well I've been tossing the idea around that the deflector should go on the saucer's front. Maybe like the akira. However the idea on mine was that the deflector was blocked from the front so it could be less of a target from attacks. It's actually pointing down slightly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Any other suggestions? I really want to give my design the best look before I submit it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Well I've been tossing the idea around that the deflector should go on the saucer's front. Maybe like the akira. However the idea on mine was that the deflector was blocked from the front so it could be less of a target from attacks. It's actually pointing down slightly.
Basically, the deflector is there to be "exposed", since he's pushing particles out of the way that could threaten the ship at warp. That said, putting a deflector into the saucer might work.

The nacelles look a little odd. It might make more sense to make them straight instead of curved.

Is there suposed a hole in the saucer? If there is, better give it a purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Basically, the deflector is there to be "exposed", since he's pushing particles out of the way that could threaten the ship at warp. That said, putting a deflector into the saucer might work.

The nacelles look a little odd. It might make more sense to make them straight instead of curved.

Is there suposed a hole in the saucer? If there is, better give it a purpose.
Alright I think I know how the current placement of the deflector could work. I'm going to shave the bottom of the saucer and then it will let the deflector show a lot better.

As for the holes, they're mostly just a design choice more then anything. The saucer gets very flat toward the edge of the saucer. I originally intended for it to be a place the ship could use too dock with a space station if it had to go under major repairs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Okay I updated it so here's my final edition of it. So unless there are any suggestions by tomorrow, this will be the one I enter.
Intervention class: Final edition
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Why do the impulse engines have "nozzles" on them? I don't see a reason for them to stick and then flare. Do they extend? Do they swivel? (they can already do directed thrust without a physical swivel)

The nacelle pylons look a little too flimsy in the middle

Otherwise, pretty good!
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Alright it is now on the website and entered into the contest!

If you like my design then wote now in the link in my sig!

..\..../
...\../
... \/