Lt. Commander
# 1 And the secret project was....
12-14-2010, 07:17 AM
Some of you may remember in an engineering report (i think) a while back there was mention of a "secret" project. Now as far as i am aware the only unexpected thing that has happened is the release of the Aegis set So i am forced to ask is this it? And if not what is it?

Comment, speculate, bump etc :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-14-2010, 07:41 AM
If I remember right, the secret project at the time was the UGC engine The Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Farmer
If I remember right, the secret project at the time was the UGC engine The Foundry.
Actually, it wasn't. Dstahl said so many a month ago. I think it was the Sector Space revamp, personally.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Actually, it wasn't. Dstahl said so many a month ago. I think it was the Sector Space revamp, personally.
No he didnt. The fact of the matter is, no one ever officially confirmed what it was, or wasnt. And another fact is that we KNEW that both the Foundry and sector space revamp were in development, so neither of them were actually secret.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
No he didnt. The fact of the matter is, no one ever officially confirmed what it was, or wasnt. And another fact is that we KNEW that both the Foundry and sector space revamp were in development, so neither of them were actually secret.
True, though the Sector-Space revamp wasn't exactly "pushed", really, only mentioned a few times. However, the Foundry was sortof "yeah, it 's in development, it's really cool, but you won't find out any information" :p

Mind you, Dstahl said that Season 4 has a crew system revamp....
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
True, though the Sector-Space revamp wasn't exactly "pushed", really, only mentioned a few times. However, the Foundry was sortof "yeah, it 's in development, it's really cool, but you won't find out any information" :p

Mind you, Dstahl said that Season 4 has a crew system revamp....
Right, but at the time of that engineering report the UGC system was a "neither confirm or deny" situation with them, it wasn't until after that they started openly talking about it.

I mean, anyone with half a brain knew it was coming anyway, just like the sector revamp, but at that point it was hush-hush.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
What Dstahl said was the "maybe neither" the foundry nor exploration was the secret for Season 3. This was in response to one of Nagus' thread. Many took this to be confirmation of whichever they preferred (or both), despite the playful phrasing.

However, there's third likelihood that adding 408 recipes and changing up the base item list to schematics list was a big surprise that was overshadowed by the sector space revamp (most immediately rewarding) and the Foundry (more rewarding over time).

My bet is that dstahl was playing coy back then because they weren't sure of the specifics yet.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2010, 08:36 AM
All i remember him saying about the secret project was that he said UGC and sector space may or may not be the secret project
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Here is the first mention of it i can find in the July 16th engineering report:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Season 3+
Secret Project (to be announced)
More Weekly Series
More Ship / KDF & FED
More Costume Options
More Playable Species
Episode Replay
STF - Into the Hive
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantinople999 View Post
Here is the first mention of it i can find in the July 16th engineering report:
Right. However, since neither UGC or the sector space revamp or crafting revamp are mentioned in that list, it means it could be any of them. Once again, no one has confirmed what it is or isnt.