Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
For these reasons!

1) Constitution class is the most iconic type of ship in all of Star Trek

2) They're the two sleekest ships (in my opinion)

3) All Previous retrofits have been non cryptic made ships. Yes this is sort of along the same trend but it would be primarily excalibur with the constitution as the alt.

4) The Excalibur class is the best looking cryptic made ship and maybe among one of the best looking of ships in game

5) The most Star Trek like ship

6) Among the most popular ships in-game

7) My favorite classes

8) Should take precedence because of it's iconic look.

9) It's better over the original Enterprise being retrofitted (In real life no, but in game, yes!)

10) Is there any question of picking something else?:p
There are many more reason

11) Yet Again, the sleekest ships ingame

As long as it's available in-game as well as C-store I'm down with it. The only ship I'm ever buying C-store is the ubertastic Excelsior. As much as I love my excelsior, I would pick the Excalibur over it. C'mon devs, pretty please with tribbles on top!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Yes for the Excalibur, no to the Constitution. Old ship is old (and shouldn't even still be here, were this game closer to canon).

What's the point of the Excalibur, anyways, if it performs the same as the Connie? I was always a bit irritated as to why they are both T1. A Refit should finally separate these two classes from each other.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-19-2010, 11:29 AM
I like the Excalibur design, myself. Hell, slap those Nacelles and saucer together and call it a Retrofit light escort >.>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
For these reasons!

1) Constitution class is the most iconic type of ship in all of Star Trek

2) They're the two sleekest ships (in my opinion)
Don't peruse the Forums much, do you? You'll see why I say that...

Quote:
3) All Previous retrofits have been non cryptic made ships. Yes this is sort of along the same trend but it would be primarily excalibur with the constitution as the alt.

4) The Excalibur class is the best looking cryptic made ship and maybe among one of the best looking of ships in game
Constitution retrofit is on it's way - been discussed a bit before. The Excalibur...Ye Ghods. The Excalibur-class was a lookalike for the Excelsior, being that Cryptic wanted to only have one series ship in each tier, and knew there'd be a lot of demand for the Excelsior. So, they made a Lookalike, just like they did in tier 3 (Oslo/Norway, and Zephyr/Steamrunner). Later,t he Escelsior was added, and has a - whaddya know? - RETROFIT available through the C-Store. With two different skins, yet - standard Excelsior, and the Enterprise-B modified engineering hull!.

How about that!

Quote:
5) The most Star Trek like ship

6) Among the most popular ships in-game
Yes, the original for the Excalibur (Excelsior) is a iconic ship, AND very popular - though one wanders if the true popularity is because of the transwarp drive and/or the better BO slot arrangement more than anything else.

Quote:
7) My favorite classes

8) Should take precedence because of it's iconic look.

9) It's better over the original Enterprise being retrofitted (In real life no, but in game, yes!)

10) Is there any question of picking something else?:p
Okeh then...

7) - That's your opinion, personally I think the Excalibur looks a little chunky. Can make soem nice ships when combined with Constitution parts, though...

8) It's "iconic looks" belong to another ship that is already IN-GAME - what's your point here?

9) Not a issue being there's ALREADY A EXCELSIOR REFIT available throught he C-Store, and the Constitution is already slated to get a T5 version due to popular demand.

10) Yes and yes, since what you ask for is basically already in place - try asking for something new nest time...

Quote:
There are many more reason

11) Yet Again, the sleekest ships ingame

As long as it's available in-game as well as C-store I'm down with it. The only ship I'm ever buying C-store is the ubertastic Excelsior. As much as I love my excelsior, I would pick the Excalibur over it. C'mon devs, pretty please with tribbles on top!
No and no. You have what you ask for already in the Excelsior - the Excalibur was put into place as a lookalike. So, no. Just, no.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Well you are basing an argument on a ship that isn't the Excalibur
Excalibur
Vesper
Constitution refit
Quote:
Constitution retrofit is on it's way - been discussed a bit before. The Excalibur...Ye Ghods. The Excalibur-class was a lookalike for the Excelsior, being that Cryptic wanted to only have one series ship in each tier, and knew there'd be a lot of demand for the Excelsior. So, they made a Lookalike, just like they did in tier 3 (Oslo/Norway, and Zephyr/Steamrunner). Later,t he Escelsior was added, and has a - whaddya know? - RETROFIT available through the C-Store. With two different skins, yet - standard Excelsior, and the Enterprise-B modified engineering hull!.

Yes, the original for the Excalibur (Excelsior) is a iconic ship, AND very popular - though one wanders if the true popularity is because of the transwarp drive and/or the better BO slot arrangement more than anything else.

7) - That's your opinion, personally I think the Excalibur looks a little chunky. Can make soem nice ships when combined with Constitution parts, though...

8) It's "iconic looks" belong to another ship that is already IN-GAME - what's your point here?

9) Not a issue being there's ALREADY A EXCELSIOR REFIT available throught he C-Store, and the Constitution is already slated to get a T5 version due to popular demand.

How about that!
No and no. You have what you ask for already in the Excelsior - the Excalibur was put into place as a lookalike. So, no. Just, no.

First off, you are confusing the excalibur for the Vesper. The Vesper is an ugly Cryptic made version of the excelsior. The Excalibur is the super futuristic constituion class. I think that changes a lot of your points. I only added the vesper to the title because it's the third variant for the 'cruiser' tier 2 ships. That's what I have to say about that.

The Excalibur is based off a paramount design but something very very new.

Quote:
Don't peruse the Forums much, do you? You'll see why I say that...
Okeh then...
10) Yes and yes, since what you ask for is basically already in place - try asking for something new nest time...
Why ask for something new, that could suck, when there is already something really cool looking in game only available for a short time.

Anyways, the supposed constitution refit is The Original Series one and not this one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-19-2010, 12:27 PM
While we're at it, could I request a retrofit 1976 Space Shuttle Enterprise?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyflite View Post
While we're at it, could I request a retrofit 1976 Space Shuttle Enterprise?
Sure, as long as we can use you as cannon fodder on the Klingon Front
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Bumpety-bump-bump
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-19-2010, 08:54 PM
I hope they don't offer the refit Constitution as a full Tier 5. That's really going to be ridiculous if they do. Give it only 6 weapon slots and a weaker hull, and then fine, let people play with it. But it should never be as strong as the other ships.

I know they are trying to make everyone happy, but this is taking retrofitting to the point of absolute absurdity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I hope they don't offer the refit Constitution as a full Tier 5. That's really going to be ridiculous if they do. Give it only 6 weapon slots and a weaker hull, and then fine, let people play with it. But it should never be as strong as the other ships.

I know they are trying to make everyone happy, but this is taking retrofitting to the point of absolute absurdity.
Why not? We already kill neghvars with mirandas, and galaxies with b'rels in PVE, how is that any different? Just earlier I killed a borg cube with a K't'inga. This ship power/age/size argument just doesn't fly in this game, and certainly not for restricting what can be in T5. The game doesn't care, why should we?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 AM.