Lt. Commander
# 11
12-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
you may want to read the contest judging portion of the rules. If the entries don't break any other rules they'll be picking from the top 25 voted entries.
this is what they said

'These ratings may be used to help select the top 25 Submission Images, but the Contest Entities will scrutinize every submission. Submission Images will then be judged by a panel of judges selected by Contest Entities who are employees of either Sponsor or its public relations firm (the “Judging Panel”) to evaluate and select the potential Winners. All decisions of the Judging Panel are final in all aspects of the Contest. Submission Images will be scored based on the following criteria:'

these rating may be used to help them but they will look at every single one to be sure.

so no they wont be going by the rating system alone, but obviously they will take peoples opinion into account.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I beleive that's been changed via a Dev statement on the forum saying basically they'll pick the winner.
that's good, though they really need to do a heck of a lot more than just a post on the forums to clarify that change for entrants, they need to keep in mind that this is a contest that not only STO players enter and even then not many STO players visit the forums.

But then, it's also yet another reason i'm exceedingly happy i'm ineligable and dont have to actually put up with yet more cryptic contest shenanigans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
these rating may be used to help them but they will look at every single one to be sure.

so no they wont be going by the rating system alone, but obviously they will take peoples opinion into account.
hence i stated if they don't break any of the other rules. If they don't bother with the voting system at all then there's no reason to have it at all, yet more confusing things from the aptly named cryptic.

As i've said before; i may enjoy their games but i wouldn't trust them to run bingo night at the local RSL.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
hence i stated if they don't break any of the other rules. If they don't bother with the voting system at all then there's no reason to have it at all, yet more confusing things from the aptly named cryptic.
There's nothing wrong with seeing what the fans like via voting. Fan-favs might sway Cryptic, or it might not. They have to look at a lot of legalities other then popularity when making the final choices.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with seeing what the fans like via voting.
i agree there would be nothing wrong with that, if it worked.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake_Roberts
I know that the current trend going around the forums is submissions for the new Enterprise F. However, I find this unnecessary. The Enterprise E is still out there somewhere. I don't think she should be replaced yet. Anyone agree?
How do you know what's happened to the Enterprise E since the game launched? Even IF it is still out there somewhere it's quite possible that after 30+ years of service Starfleet might be ready to retire the E as they did w/ the A.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
It's practically a 40 year old ship.

does that also make it the single longest lasting ship to have the name, enterprise?
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
does that also make it the single longest lasting ship to have the name, enterprise?
If we include the TAS as canon the TOS Enterprise was launched in 2245 and stayed in service until 2293 (The Undiscovered Country), thought it had several Retrofits and at least 1 Refit to the TMP Constitution in that time.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
If we include the TAS as canon the TOS Enterprise was launched in 2245 and stayed in service until 2293 (The Undiscovered Country), thought it had several Retrofits and at least 1 Refit to the TMP Constitution in that time.
The TOS Enterprise was destroyed in The Search For Spock. The ship in TFF and TUC was the Enterprise-A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
It's practically a 40 year old ship. With the rate of advancing technology, she's pretty old. Also it would seem rather unimpressive compared to the hundreds of Sovereign class ships people are flying in. Also story wise, the Enterprise E has mysteriously gone missing after inspecting a distress call from a federation station. It's been missing a few years so they probably gave up hope. Unlike Voyager, it was in federation space so it should've been found.

I for one blame Iconians.

I think between those two reasons, starfleet probably would've built a new flagship and a new enterprise.
I agree with all of your statements (including blaming the Iconians :p), except for that having the Excelsior as a T5 ship throws that theory out of the window.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
The TOS Enterprise was destroyed in The Search For Spock. The ship in TFF and TUC was the Enterprise-A.
That's true. That would be 2245 to 2285: 40 years. That would beat out the E by 3 years.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake_Roberts
I know that the current trend going around the forums is submissions for the new Enterprise F. However, I find this unnecessary. The Enterprise E is still out there somewhere. I don't think she should be replaced yet. Anyone agree?
I totally agree. I'd love to see more adventures on the big screen featuring Picard and co. I figure the cast are all getting a bit long in the tooth now though.