QUOTE]

That is an ugly ship.
A matter of opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
This to me looks like it's moving forward...
Shame i've already made my one and only vote and thusly can't vote for any of them.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-19-2010, 02:01 PM
What are you on about, the ship needs to be a 2 nacelle saucer and engineering hull section cruiser, all enterprises have been and from what the J says always will be. So no originality in adding another nacelle all we are really doing is making another 2 nacelle cruiser. A step on from the sovereign class
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugen4 View Post
I'm sorry, I just have to say it... looking through all these entries there does't seem to be one shred of originality in any of these.

A LOT of them are just galaxy/sovereign class ships with slight modifications, but obviously still largly resembling the original design; make this part bigger, add a few more nacelles, put a few gun turrets there...

Quite a few of them seem to have been copied from the Star Trek Ship Creator, just adding parts and passing it off as their own.

Then there are those that just don't even bother trying, I mean really. I'm not talking about the ones submitted by sketching with pencil and paper, I mean the ones like it is most definatly the Enterprise E just photoshoped pink, or very nice drawing of the Enterprise A... really people!?

Seen one or two stolen works, particularly the person who submitted the USS Aventine from the Ships of the Line calander.

And another few that just don't even look Federation in design.

Nearly all submitted ships as far as design are either not moving forward, going backwards or off on a completly different tangent.

In case anyone had forgotten, THIS IS WHAT THE ENTERPRISE J LOOKS LIKE
Shouldn't the designs start going in this direction? If you take a look at the Enterprise E back to the original, you can see this "evolution" process.

All this complaining and advising/telling how the ship should look, why don't I design one of my own? Plain and simple I'm not that creative to come up with something like that.
...however

Sean P Tourangeau certainly has the right idea. =)
And yes I'm being biast because he did design my favorite ship, the Luna class. This guy just knows Trek ship design.
I do not care what anyone says, so no point in arguing with me...but that is *NOT* the Enterprise J. No way. just because some video game said it was, or some alternate time-line says it was, does not set that ship in stone as being Enterprise J. That ship is just puke ugly. If Gene had known people were going to pass that ship off as Enterprise, he would have rolled over in his grave. People are destroying what he has worked so hard to establish with some of these blasphemous creations and story lines.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Technically yes, but you've also got several ships and about 5 centuries to go before you get from the F to the J.
Actually it was 400 years past Enterprise, which is only about 150 years from this time period.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-19-2010, 02:08 PM
What are you on about, the ship needs to be a 2 nacelle saucer and engineering hull section cruiser, all enterprises have been and from what the J says always will be. So no originality in adding another nacelle all we are really doing is making another 2 nacelle cruiser. A step on from the sovereign class
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I like this one, But maybe thats because its a fan made ship from Startrek Bridge Commander The USS Voyager A So my vote goes to this one cuz i loved that ship
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-19-2010, 02:25 PM
that is a real nice ship the enterprise G http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSLrIjYy6JY but unless the person who created it submits it then it cant be the next enterprise
p.s. i have no idea why my last post came up twice
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I do not care what anyone says, so no point in arguing with me...but that is *NOT* the Enterprise J. No way. just because some video game said it was, or some alternate time-line says it was, does not set that ship in stone as being Enterprise J. That ship is just puke ugly. If Gene had known people were going to pass that ship off as Enterprise, he would have rolled over in his grave. People are destroying what he has worked so hard to establish with some of these blasphemous creations and story lines.
Correction, Enterprise's Prime universe said that's the Enterprise J. (see: "Azati Prime") Therefore, it's canon.

Also, Roddenberry was only a consultant for Star Trek after TOS, and he had little to no involvmenet after TNG's second season. DS9, Voy, Ent....all of those were sans-Roddenberry. So don't talk to me about "what Roddenburry worked so hard to create," because the majority of what makes Star Trek great had nothing to do with Roddenberry.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugen4 View Post
I'm sorry, I just have to say it... looking through all these entries there does't seem to be one shred of originality in any of these.

A LOT of them are just galaxy/sovereign class ships with slight modifications, but obviously still largly resembling the original design; make this part bigger, add a few more nacelles, put a few gun turrets there...

Quite a few of them seem to have been copied from the Star Trek Ship Creator, just adding parts and passing it off as their own.

Then there are those that just don't even bother trying, I mean really. I'm not talking about the ones submitted by sketching with pencil and paper, I mean the ones like it is most definatly the Enterprise E just photoshoped pink, or very nice drawing of the Enterprise A... really people!?

Seen one or two stolen works, particularly the person who submitted the USS Aventine from the Ships of the Line calander.

And another few that just don't even look Federation in design.

Nearly all submitted ships as far as design are either not moving forward, going backwards or off on a completly different tangent.

In case anyone had forgotten, THIS IS WHAT THE ENTERPRISE J LOOKS LIKE
Shouldn't the designs start going in this direction? If you take a look at the Enterprise E back to the original, you can see this "evolution" process.

All this complaining and advising/telling how the ship should look, why don't I design one of my own? Plain and simple I'm not that creative to come up with something like that.
...however

Sean P Tourangeau certainly has the right idea. =)
And yes I'm being biast because he did design my favorite ship, the Luna class. This guy just knows Trek ship design.
But I dont wanna design I giant pizza cutter!