Lt. Commander
I took "the needs of the many mission" from Broker Hosa. I'm suppose to help 3 planets in the Delta Volanis Cluster. Well I went there and all I see is Delta Volanis Anomolys. Maybe about 25 of them? Anyway some are just anomolys scans that you get minerals from while others are alien artifacts. I did 6 of them that took you on planets for different missions then what I was suppose to be doing.Where are Arucanis Arm and Hromi cluster? This was my mission to begin with.I have in this Volanis Cluster for THREE DAYS. How long does this one mission take? What am I doing wrong? I came to the Volanis cluster? Please help
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Aid the planet missions are random exploration missions within the assigned cluster.

You just have to keep visiting the systems till you find them..
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zornow
I took "the needs of the many mission" from Broker Hosa. I'm suppose to help 3 planets in the Delta Volanis Cluster. Well I went there and all I see is Delta Volanis Anomolys. Maybe about 25 of them? Anyway some are just anomolys scans that you get minerals from while others are alien artifacts. I did 6 of them that took you on planets for different missions then what I was suppose to be doing.Where are Arucanis Arm and Hromi cluster? This was my mission to begin with.I have in this Volanis Cluster for THREE DAYS. How long does this one mission take? What am I doing wrong? I came to the Volanis cluster? Please help
Delta Volanis, Hromi, Arucanis, etc. are all exploration areas which, as you said, have anomalies. Some of these are unexplored systems which lets you do a random mission. The "News of the Many" requires you to do Aid the Planet missions. These are part of the random missions. You'll recognize it because the mission will require you to provide commodities to the planet. Commodities can be replicated in your replicator (accessed through the inventory screen).

As for your questions about the location of the Arucanis Arm and Hromi cluster, you can find their locations on this interactive sto starchart.

Honestly you do not need to complete the mission if you don't want to. You can drop it and still be able to play through the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2010, 06:51 PM
That mission is primarily a tutorial mission to familiarize you with how to find commodities for "Aid the Planet" missions. You don't have to spend a lot of time and effort on it. You can wait until you do an exploration mission, or when and if you have enough diplomacy points you can do it if you get an "Aid the Planet" diplomacy mission and kill both missions at once. Or you can just drop it as suggested above, but I like to clear it out of my mission log.

"Aid the Planet" missions are like cops. You can never find one when you need one sometimes, but they'll pop up when you least expect them to.