Lt. Commander
I don't remember his forum name. He was around here in beta. He made a few posts in a single Ten Forward thread with one of his fan ship designs. The response was incredible. So incredible, in fact, that his post was quickly buried in a few dozen pages and lost except to those who saw it and were following the thread because of it.

I managed to track down his Deviant Art account again. I looked through the contestants and I don't see anything resembling his work (and if there is, someone should verify that it's not someone stealing it) or anything nearing the quality and love that goes into his designs.

Here is a front and side view of the ship he was showing off in beta. Maybe I'm just missing it and he has submitted it, because the last time I saw it, it had it's own name and now it's called the Enterprise-J in the pics.

He has some other great ones in his gallery as well.

I'm hoping he's still around and has submitted at least one of his designs as they look very canon while still looking futuristic. If not he needs to be alerted to the contest.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-20-2010, 01:34 AM
That'd definitely be a plus, I've been sending notes to Starship designers on DA to let them know about the contest, and thusly perhaps reduce the number of MS Paint masterpieces in the mix.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-20-2010, 01:34 AM
It looks pretty good as an artwork.

But for the contest I doubt it would rate very high because even though i think it looks good, it's not very original, in my opinion it's kind of a Sovereign meets Nova.

One of the main criteria is Originality and as I said - I think it looks great, just not for the contest - in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-20-2010, 01:56 AM
Its a great design but not different enough from the Sovie to warrant the change. I bow to the designer's talent though. Its a beatiful looking ship
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Certainly a ship design i'd like to see in STO.

As Enterprise F ? Not sure,
looks a little to close to the sovereign maybe,
but it's the first one where i would not want to see any changes, so go for it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-20-2010, 02:07 AM
Ugh, so many ships that look like the Enterprise E. It's nice and all, but was really hoping to see a new design.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-20-2010, 02:17 AM
I'd rather see Galen82's design win the contest. It's the best I've seen. Too bad he's not in the U.S. though.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...b2-d33da8i.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-20-2010, 02:21 AM
Nova-ish

I like the saucer section from the side it looks good. I'm just a critic, not very good at anything else
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-20-2010, 02:24 AM
Well the link I put here didn't stick to the specific ship. Oh well, two designs on there that I thought where interesting enough to be the F. A few that I would not and one I deplore entirely because it does not even look like the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-20-2010, 02:51 PM
NCC-1701-JJ

SoverAbrams-class

U.S.S. Enterprise.

As much as I find the JJverse Connie to be meg... it translates into possibly the sexiest Sovereign clone I've ever seen. I love it.