Lt. Commander
I do not think it is a map issue because the mission is playable on the Tribble server in version 4. The project in version 5 did not have any changes to any of the maps. The only changes were typos and removal of some text and I moved some text around.

If it was a map closed or map error message, then the mission would not be playable because it calls the same maps to play the mission. I think it is a problem with the underlying structure. Probably software related. The server has been reset three times I think since last Thursday. If it was a hardware issue, it would have cleared up with the resets.

When I go to load the project, the server sends out a request and it looks like it is communicating, but it cannot call the appropriate maps. I wonder if the project or playable story is a separate copy of the project on the workbench. That would explain why the story one is playable and the workbench one is not playable.

However, as of 3 PM EST the Foundry is off. SO maybe they are going to pull all the projects and reload them again tonight, but I doubt that will fix my problem. My problem was in the workbench area and not the playable mission area.
Lt. Commander
# 12 See...waiting has paid off...
12-22-2010, 07:05 PM
See, I waited for the developers to fix the Foundry and now everything works correctly. Also, I was able to publish version5 of the Enter the Orion Syndicate serial.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Are you saying that your previously broken mission is now working again?
Lt. Commander
# 14 Yes...it is working.
12-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Are you saying that your previously broken mission is now working again?
Yes, after yesterday's patch on the 22 Dec 2010, my story Enter the Orion Syndicate is working fine now. I was able to load it and update it to the newer version I had saved when I first received the map closed and map crash message. So the game preserved the copy.

The only issue now is, there is a long interval of time from when I load up the workbench, and the Foundry enables me to work on a project now. I am not sure why it does this yet. It appears to be a planned event.

There was a patch today, but I have no idea what it has done to the system. I need to log in to see what happens.