Lt. Commander
Hypothetical of course here....

"Please play my mission, "Insert name here" 1st 10 reviewers will receive a free MkX blue crafted item of there choice."

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Only the really desperate bribe.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-21-2010, 02:08 AM
People's wrists would get tired after offering that many bribes.

It would just be ineffective and I think people should realize that shamelessly bumping their unqualified mission will lower the quality of suggested missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2010, 04:33 AM
You'd get ten reviews, probably "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and then no more people would play it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2010, 07:22 AM
The question isn't will "Will bribery be allowed on Holodeck for the Foundry?", the question is, how could it be prevented?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2010, 07:31 AM
Why do you need to bribe people?
If your mission is any good, the reviews will sell it for you.

If it's not, the reviews will absolutely destroy it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agency

Of course, there will be some good missions that simply never get played. Considering how many missions have already been made on Tribble, and how few people actually use Tribble compared to Holodeck, there will be an insane number of missions once the system goes live. Some simply wont see the light of day.

Regarding the subject of this thread, my question is why do you care? Do you feel threatened by the thought of someone doing this? Does it make you feel insecure about yourself or your mission? I dont plan on trying to "bribe" anyway to play my missions, but I dont really care what other people want to do.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-21-2010, 07:42 AM
I plan on advertising my missions with commercials that will help promote the game, my guild and my hope(that these missions can include diplomacy rewards), by encouraging thought provoking story, puzzles, riddles and the development of an entirely new antagonist in the Starfleet universe.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agency
I plan on advertising my missions with commercials that will help promote the game, my guild and my hope(that these missions can include diplomacy rewards), by encouraging thought provoking story, puzzles, riddles and the development of an entirely new antagonist in the Starfleet universe.
I look forward to seeing something "new" using existing game assets :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:

I think the intention is to get those first few players in the door, to get those (hopefully) good reviews.

I'd actually not have a problem with this, I don't see it being much different than a developer or publisher offering a pre-order bonus for their game.

But offering a bribe for a favorable review (or unfavourable, if offered by a competing author) is something that shouldn't be tolerated.

But as LordofPit put it, how do you stop it?