Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about bribery. There are already several tools in-place to stop this (Like the report spam in-game feature). Also, while someone might be willing to pay to have there mission get through the system, shortly after that the actual ratings system will come into effect, and if the mission is no good, it will end up being rated as such. If it's offensive, we'll also find out and take the appropriate actions.
I too do not worry about these cliques that will, most likely, develop for the sole purpose of boosting mission-ratings. I do think Cryptic is doing a better job than Paragon Studio is doing in regards to the UGC tool-set and mission ratings, but that has more to do with the fact that currently there is nothing attached to the mission ratings other than popularity. According to Paragon Studio's vision however, mission ratings may eventually translate into a tangible positive effect above and beyond being popular.

Ex_Libris explained as much in this post: "Creators will actually get in game benefits for making content that gets highly rated. We even offer a Dev Choice and Hall of Fame standing for the best of the best."

What I remember from the Mission Architect set-up, is that each author gets 3 publishing slots for their stories. If any published story gets chosen for Dev Choice or Hall of Fame, the publish-slot is in effect returned to the author so they can publish another story, while the published story that gained such high praise remains available! On top of this system, Paragon Studio also offers extra publish-slots for a fee.

Like StormShade said, I wouldn't worry too much about bribery or those mean people who would down-rate a story just because.

I would not worry about it at all, as long as Cryptic doesn't actually attach any tangible rewards to the system.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I don't agree that the experience on Tribble reflects what will happen on the live server. People who want to make missions are seeking Tribble out, those who want to play missions aren't. The amount of content creators to players on Tribble is extremely exaggerated. I wouldn't be surprised if half the population of Tribble at any given time is using the Foundry.

As far as bribery goes, who really cares? And how could you stop it in any case?
Sorry, but your simply confused. First of all, you dont even know whats going on on Tribble unless you read the forums. Second, a Dev recently confirmed that only like 10% of the playerbase reads the forums. So we only have a very small % of the playerbase that actually knows whats going on on Tribble and testing the Foundry ATM. The number of missions is going to explode once this goes live and all the people who dont use the forums get exposed to it. But hey, dont take my word for it. Feel free to bookmark this thread and come back when it finally happens and see who was right.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Sorry, but your simply confused. First of all, you dont even know whats going on on Tribble unless you read the forums. Second, a Dev recently confirmed that only like 10% of the playerbase reads the forums. So we only have a very small % of the playerbase that actually knows whats going on on Tribble and testing the Foundry ATM. The number of missions is going to explode once this goes live and all the people who dont use the forums get exposed to it. But hey, dont take my word for it. Feel free to bookmark this thread and come back when it finally happens and see who was right.
To add onto this. There are around 200-300 unique users in the TTS channel and not even all of them use Tribble and only 100 of them log in at a time. This is compared to around 200k+ players in-game (wild guess but it wouldn't surprise me)
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
To add onto this. There are around 200-300 unique users in the TTS channel and not even all of them use Tribble and only 100 of them log in at a time. This is compared to around 200k+ players in-game (wild guess but it wouldn't surprise me)
It would definitely surprise me. Not because I dont think the game is improving, but because it would be hard to believe Cryptic/Atari wouldnt announce reaching that milestone. Companies will never admit when their numbers are falling, but they will definitely tell you when they're increasing.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
People's wrists would get tired after offering that many bribes.

It would just be ineffective and I think people should realize that shamelessly bumping their unqualified mission will lower the quality of suggested missions.
I should think that people would wish to carefully select players with whom to build a quality fleet, too. But instead I get blind-invites to fleets all day, every day, without so much as a tiny whisper.

Never underestimate lazy spammers.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ademnus View Post
I should think that people would wish to carefully select players with whom to build a quality fleet, too. But instead I get blind-invites to fleets all day, every day, without so much as a tiny whisper.

Never underestimate lazy spammers.
Oh, I totally understand that lazy people will still spam but most people will tune them or report them.