Lt. Commander
# 1 Troi's C Store Uniform :(
12-13-2010, 11:01 AM
No offense Cryptic but i feel cheated. I purchased what i thought was Counseler Troi's uniform only to find that all we get is the top and not the long skirt that goes with it. Why would you even think that constitutes the whole uniform. Its like providing the top for the Rath of Khan uniform but no pants. Please fix this and make it available for all of those who already purchased the uniform for free. If possible can we get the 1 peiece smock or whatever you call that troi and picard wore in the very begining of the first season of the next generation "Please". Other than that good job with the latest batch of updates.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah more and more I'm glad I didnt shell out the points for that. Its sounding like a complete and total rip off.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2010, 12:12 PM
This was always meant to be the Jumpsuit outfit, and not the dress she wore for one season. The pack includes the top, and the boots she wore with the jumpsuit. The pants she wore were the same as the normal TNG Uniform pants that the rest of the crew wore.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
This was always meant to be the Jumpsuit outfit, and not the dress she wore for one season. The pack includes the top, and the boots she wore with the jumpsuit. The pants she wore were the same as the normal TNG Uniform pants that the rest of the crew wore.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Well thats all fine, but you're asking us to pay money for it, so cutting corners and only providing the bare minimum of options isn't exactly a good way to sell these.

The Feedback here is: not enough stuff for the cost - especially when there were more options that could have rounded out a Troi costume pack.

As an aside, the quality of the top is low too. Her top was tight and without wrinkles. The in game model has serious fabric bunching and looks all wrong.

Please pass along the feedback about this. Its premium content we pay money for, so it needs to be worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
At the very least you could have included the belt that she wore with it for the majority of Season One.
The Skant was only ever worn by Deanna Troi in one episode, btw, Encounter at Farpoint. After that she wore the dark gray jumpsuit with the v-shaped belt (either red or green) for the rest of the season.

Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2010, 03:01 PM
I always found her costuming (with the exception of the Starfleet uniforms) unfortunate as it seemed to accentuate her huge, boxy hips.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
I have to agree with folks on this one, Stormy, sorry.

This is 240 points for two (2) pieces (the top and the boots) v. 240 points for six (6) pieces in the 7 of 9 set (top, bottom, tall boots, short boots, hand webbing and eye piece) ... and, no, the top doesn't look quite right. From a sheer piece count this should be an 80 point set with a fix for all of the wrinkling and bunching due. IMO the C-store needs to have a pricing consistency pass done.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
I have to agree with folks on this one, Stormy, sorry.

This is 240 points for two (2) pieces (the top and the boots) v. 240 points for six (6) pieces in the 7 of 9 set (top, bottom, tall boots, short boots, hand webbing and eye piece) ... and, no, the top doesn't look quite right. From a sheer piece count this should be an 80 point set with a fix for all of the wrinkling and bunching due. IMO the C-store needs to have a pricing consistency pass done.
If you don't feel it's worth the money then don't buy it. What you were getting was clear from the C-Store description and photos. You don't have to get an equal number of pieces for something to have an equal cost. The T'Pol set, Troi set, NX set, and 7 or 9 set all have differing piece counts but the same cost.

There's nothing wrong with wanting more but there's also nothing wrong with them simply saying this is what it is and you're not being forced to buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
If you don't feel it's worth the money then don't buy it. What you were getting was clear from the C-Store description and photos. You don't have to get an equal number of pieces for something to have an equal cost. The T'Pol set, Troi set, NX set, and 7 or 9 set all have differing piece counts but the same cost.

There's nothing wrong with wanting more but there's also nothing wrong with them simply saying this is what it is and you're not being forced to buy it.
Which is why I haven't.. and won't.

I have everything else (not the Pakleds) but this is definitely a piece I am passing over. Hopefully the next C-Store issue will be something I'd be willing to spend my money on.

Saith
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-13-2010, 04:22 PM
They have skimped and cut corners on costume sets before. It's a sign that the character artists are overloaded with work and were not given enough time on this one.

I must have all canon costumes but I won't be buying this one until the set is improved.