Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic: September 3, 2010
09-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Just in time for the release of our next Featured Episode, Star Trek Online Executive Producer, Dan Stahl, delivers the answers in this month's edition of Ask Cryptic! Read on to see the answers to your questions about our featured episodes!

Link to the Article
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Woo hoo!
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Q: Keinar: When will the weekly episodes be in the C-store?

ROFLMAO!

Good answer from DStahl on this one but the question itself gave me a good laugh!
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Good answers all round, many important and less important (but novel) questions cleared up with thoughtful answers, cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Those who pay close attention (aka read dialog) during the series, you will get a hint of what the possible special reward will be.
This is interesting...
Lt. Commander
I love that the new episodic series missions Have titles sequences when entering a map ... my hope is that the Weekly content Becomes overwhelmingly successful so that eventually All the previous missions and or episodes Wil be given the treatment.

Patch
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-03-2010, 05:52 PM
To hell with it, you people never listen, I'm tired of placating both sides of this war.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaric_Kell
HOW ABOUT THIS QUESTION WHICH 95% OF US NOW HAVE NO MATTER WHERE WE LOGIN FROM?!

Q: WHY ARE *ALL* ATTEMPTS TO PLAY THIS GAME RUBBER-BANDING WORSE THAN OPEN BETA (AND THAT'S BEYOND SAD, I WAS THERE, IT WAS BAD, BUT NOT QUITE THIS MUCH! FIRE YOUR SO-CALLED ADMINS AND HIRE ME, I HAVE MORE THAN 23 *YEARS* WORTH OF NETWORK DESIGN AND ADMIN EXPERIENCE, HOW MUCH DO YOUR SERVER CLOSET-BOYS HAVE? 4 YEARS+Scrap of paper that says N O T H I N G ABOUT THEIR ABILITY TO CONTROL SERVERS WORTH A SQUAT?)? WHY DOES THE SERVER *ALWAYS* DISCONNECT AFTER RUBBER-BANDING BEGINS?

A: BECAUSE SOMEONE IS NOT EVEN AWAKE IN THE SERVER CLOSETS! Seriously, does someone have to put dual .357 autos with quick-slide extended mags to each side of each admin's head before you people fix this? IT IS CRIPPLING OUR ABILITY TO PLAY THIS GAME *AT ALL*! We have sent in hundreds if not thousands of trouble tickets, I come from just over the Sierras, maybe 5 hours from San Fran if the traffic's bad enough, I ain't overseas or some other BS like that, don't tell me it's ISP, someone with my experience doesn't buy a cable link into a brand-new fiber optic data trunk in a new sub-division for no reason! I have had 20MB up/down consistently for more than 2 weeks, my ISP is doing some routine expansion/hardware work down the street, but I've had them isolate me from their work (not easy to do, trust me, usually requires threats followed by weaponry before they obey), so no genuine downtime a simple reboot won't fix.

Stop blaming *OUR* ISP's on this bloody mess! It has nothing to do with *OUR* ISP, it has to do with whatever two-bit provider handles the bandwidth for ***Y O U R*** server cluster(s), be in QWest (which is working BTW), if you guys are now using Level3 or something, then please, inform the customers and offer to refund long-term subs for STO, and refund all the C-Store crud we've had to buy over time. I don't give two ****'s about someone's monthly sub, nor should anyone else, it's the long-term subs you people REALLY need to worry about, because I've seen several simply cancel despite how much money they have lost, and lawsuits will be following, trust me, it won't happen right away, but you cannot simply expect people who did annual or lifetime preorders to have to put up with a non-functional game just because someone's asleep at the wheel over there without getting money back because we're f'n tired of it.

Answer that question before you ask ONE MORE BLOODY QUESTION about new content or anything mundane, being able to BLOODY PLAY THE GAME takes *ALL* precedence over new additions to a game that currently cannot even be played!
You mad, son?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
You mad, son?
He's also a fan of using guns to get his point across. Thats defiantly a great start, a real Kirk negotiator.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Great answers. Thanks to Stahl for providing them, and Stormshade for delivering them and presenting the final story to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaric_Kell
RABBLE RABBLE RANT RANT RABBLE RABBLE RAGE RAGE RABBLE RABBLE RANT!
Haha.

I'm not experiencing these issues that many are having. The internet is a complicated beast though, and you can't blame Cryptic when anything goes wrong with your connection. There are too many variables. And as I said, I'm not experiencing these issues - which proves my point.
Closed Thread