Lt. Commander
Assimilation mission did not drop any Borg items for us this evening. Is this a small chance to drop? Not out yet? According to the newest patch notes, Assimilation is supposed to drop Borg items or Schematics or something to that affect. So...can somebody help explain to me the specifics please?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-20-2010, 09:24 PM
its a mission reward that you get for the mission must tun it in to get it
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-20-2010, 09:25 PM
The patch won't go in until tonight around 3 AM. Try the mission again tomorrow and you should get the borg stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Patch notes are for the patch that gets installed in six hours (tuesday morning US). Hard to get a reward that has't been put on Holodeck yet...
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
Patch notes are for the patch that gets installed in six hours (tuesday morning US). Hard to get a reward that has't been put on Holodeck yet...
and sence when did they start releasing the patch notes on login before the patch goes active, they didnt do it before like that, things like this is what causes confusion , and gets people started grumbling well atleast more then useal, so headacks cryptic brings on to themselves, just my humble thoughts
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-20-2010, 10:04 PM
They always have.
And yes, having the date on top when the patch is being released is very confusing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
and sence when did they start releasing the patch notes on login before the patch goes active, they didnt do it before like that, things like this is what causes confusion , and gets people started grumbling well atleast more then useal, so headacks cryptic brings on to themselves, just my humble thoughts
If you look at the dates given in the various Release Notes compared to the date it was posted you'll see that almost every single one of them has had the Release Notes published the night prior to the patch - the exceptions being emergency/fix-it patches.

Dec 21st notes posted on the 20th.
Dec 9th notes posted on the 8th.
Nov 17th notes posted on the 16th.
Nov 12th notes posted on the 11th
And so on.

On not sure how it can be confusing when that's always how its worked. It's especially not confusing since there was no patch on Holodeck today: there was only a patch on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Well, my confusion started when I logged in this evening and Downloaded a patch that nobody else in my fleet had downloaded. So they all logged off and back in to confirm that they too had a patch to download. So we assumed that once that patch was downloaded (coupled with the release notes being out to explain that patch) that the new patch would be in affect.

Hope that helps to explain my brainfart moment.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post

On not sure how it can be confusing when that's always how its worked. It's especially not confusing since there was no patch on Holodeck today: there was only a patch on Tribble.

Not true, the patch I downloaded at around 8 PM Eastern time, was indeed on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-21-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Not true, the patch I downloaded at around 8 PM Eastern time, was indeed on Holodeck.
I noticed this small patch as well. I may be wrong, but I suspect it was a small fix for those that {after 3.0 hit} would get the small hang at 97% every time they logged in. I now {like before 3.0} zip right to "engage". While it was not a big deal....it did make me wonder why it would hang for a moment at 97% every time I logged in. Whatever the reason...glad it stopped.

Anyways I look forward to the update today lol.