Lt. Commander
# 1 Character Bios...
12-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Not gonna lie... I spend many an hour just lounging about ESD reading the bios of people that pass by. Love 'em I say! So now, I'm sending out an invitation to anyone who has an interesting one they've actually put some work and thought into. Send me a captain's name and I may just go have a gander.

For anyone who for some freakish reason loves these as much as I do and is interested, The characters on my wife and I's shared lifer account include: Zachary Wilhelm, Miranda Wilhelm, Y'silvus, and Roc Jorel.

That is all...
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2010, 12:29 AM
I used to be like you and enjoy reading them, but recently I have been subjected to a rash of really stupid ones.

"Blank was born to a Japanese family who believed in the code of Bushido so much that they had to join the Klingon faction, as the Federation would not allow them to fight like Samurai. Since the family is still traditionally Japanese though, they were allowed back on earth where they could get married to other Japanese people.

Blank was an exception though, she did not want to get married to a Japanese and instead fell in love with a Vulcan Women, who also had joined the Klingon faction because she thought it was a more honorable place to be, and now they fight next to each other, rogue Samurai and logical Vulcan."

This is an example of the dross that has become prevalent... it is better then the night elves/dark elves that we suffered through a few months back though, and all the muscle ripped werewolves, and the sparkle 'vampires' we had to deal with when the last twilight movie popped up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
I used to be like you and enjoy reading them, but recently I have been subjected to a rash of really stupid ones.

"Blank was born to a Japanese family who believed in the code of Bushido so much that they had to join the Klingon faction, as the Federation would not allow them to fight like Samurai. Since the family is still traditionally Japanese though, they were allowed back on earth where they could get married to other Japanese people.

Blank was an exception though, she did not want to get married to a Japanese and instead fell in love with a Vulcan Women, who also had joined the Klingon faction because she thought it was a more honorable place to be, and now they fight next to each other, rogue Samurai and logical Vulcan."

This is an example of the dross that has become prevalent... it is better then the night elves/dark elves that we suffered through a few months back though, and all the muscle ripped werewolves, and the sparkle 'vampires' we had to deal with when the last twilight movie popped up.
lol

but here's mine: Hsuuri@bugen4
there's three that might pop up and i believe its the second one.

Its fun to read the ones with though put into them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Okay, my character is Called Me.T. (Full name Mee Tee) and is a little green man, his bio was as follows:

Not much is known of Mee Tee's origins but you would have to be a fool to miss Mr Tee's potential. One of Mr Tee's core principles is "Method before Madness", and as such he never rush's into any dangerous situation without having a plan, he is after all, no fool.

Me.T.'s current bio reads as follows:

All information regarding this officer is classified for the purposes of "cheesy-ness"

One thing I hate, is reading bio's that weren't "spell-checked" and bio's that lack information (Edit - or thought), for example:

"Blanks" application to the academy was sponsored by the famous Jean-Luc Picard

Jeesh...... originality please.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
Okay, my character is Called Me.T. (Full name Mee Tee) and is a little green man, his bio was as follows:

Not much is known of Mee Tee's origins but you would have to be a fool to miss Mr Tee's potential. One of Mr Tee's core principles is "Method before Madness", and as such he never rush's into any dangerous situation without having a plan, he is after all, no fool.

Me.T.'s current bio reads as follows:

All information regarding this officer is classified for the purposes of "cheesy-ness"

One thing I hate, is reading bio's that weren't "spell-checked" and bio's that lack information (Edit - or thought), for example:

"Blanks" application to the academy was sponsored by the famous Jean-Luc Picard

Jeesh...... originality please.
See I don't mind the Mary Sues as much. If your Star Trek dream is to the the prodigal unknown ******* child of one of Kirk's many love trysts, who then stumbles into a time portal and ends up on the Bridge of the Enterprise D where Picard takes a special interest in mentoring the child, despite his apparent dislike of children, then sponsors him to the academy, where they graduate at the top of their class and get given such a super secret assignment that it can not even be talked about in an OOC biography... thats fine...

If

And only If

The individual takes the time to create an actual character, not just a list of cliched 'traits' and important names, and hero fantasies.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2010, 02:13 AM
I agree, people can be the biggest Over powered hero they want with the craziest back story... but it should at least have originality and effort. I'll put more effort into my back story and characters when I hit max on my new main character,
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2010, 02:53 AM
You can check out the one in my sig. Though its still being worked on kind of.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-21-2010, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
This is an example of the dross that has become prevalent...
Lol! I'm by no means looking for literary masterpieces, but your point is definetely well noted. I do like something with some forethought into the continuity, or at the very least if the characters are out of this timeline like mine are, reasons why. If I had a dime for every Picard clone I've seen with something branching from the Star Trek: Nemesis storyline... I could actually afford a secondary lifer account and give the dotting little wifey the boot lol.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-21-2010, 03:02 AM
Yay for originality then? Hit me up ingame tomorrow and tell me "WORK ON YOUR BIO BRO LOL".
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-21-2010, 03:06 AM
Why do account bio's not mention crew or bridge officers?