Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-21-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
"BAD IDEA"

Though the real fix for the devs is to test the new ships in a pvp arena thoroughly before releasing them.

Point and case.

Season 2.0 = 3 Federation Refit Ships / 1 Carrier (Carriers were worthless before the last change) = OP Federation = A lot of previous Klingon players either leaving the game or switching over to the fed because of the feel of lack of development for the Klingon empire.

- Wait a few months -

Klingon refit ships + Klingon NPC Pet Change = OP Klingons (Minus the B'rel which is just plain horrible) = A lot of Federation players making Klingon Captains

Also, Devs.

Klingons do not need more PVE content. To be honest, I was very disappointed with the so called "Klingon Patch" where you introduced a few PVE missions and promptly returned to the federation after finishing the missions. Klingons need more PVP content which can be done by adding incentives for winning PVP matches on both sides but not necessarily against the opposite empire.
Well.. We do need more KDF players.. Even though I *hate* carrier spamming, I still que up for FvK regulary, I wont turn down the 3 FvF pops that happen before the FvK though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-21-2010, 06:09 AM
Short of a shift from trade off builds and characteristics to straight carbon copies people who experience what it's like to be uber in PvE are never going to be quiet about balance. As long as one thing sets the factions apart, even just cosmetically, there are going to be complaints about it because people want what they don't/can't have and fear what they don't understand (and can't be bothered to learn about).

Winner take all is almost as bad an idea as making factions carbon copies of one another However greater rewards for victory in PvP would be nice change.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-21-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Short of a shift from trade off builds and characteristics to straight carbon copies people who experience what it's like to be uber in PvE are never going to be quiet about balance. As long as one thing sets the factions apart, even just cosmetically, there are going to be complaints about it because people want what they don't/can't have and fear what they don't understand (and can't be bothered to learn about).

Winner take all is almost as bad an idea as making factions carbon copies of one another However greater rewards for victory in PvP would be nice change.
No, no... Klingons are OPd.. This would give them an unfair advantage!!111!!
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-21-2010, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Never said it was a "win all".

But yes, greater rewards for victory in pvp for both sides would help boost the community.

I.E. 1 Emblem for each player on the winning side or something like that.

Also, Separate Premade / Pug Queues would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-21-2010, 06:17 AM
I will say the only thing driving me from pvp is the fed complaints of how "OP" the KDF is and how my experience in pvp is nothing more than the by-product of OP designes for the KDF.
The arguement is old and stale, based off of perception over fact and frankly I've had enough and think the the feds can go FvF themselves concerning the OP beliefs.

Destroy FvK and the reason for PvP no longer exists. Go open sector, give us reasons to pvp other than just the sport of it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-21-2010, 06:19 AM
When FvF was first announced i made the the prophetic comment of "The first Fed versus fed batle will combined so much fail that it will cause a quantum singularity that will tear teh server apart from the massive amount of fail all in one place at the same time consuming us all.

I think it was an accurate prediction all the way back in April.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
, I still que up for FvK regulary,.
No you don't lol
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apt.pupil
terrible Idea.
Never played SFC I take it?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I will say the only thing driving me from pvp is the fed complaints of how "OP" the KDF is and how my experience in pvp is nothing more than the by-product of OP designes for the KDF.
The arguement is old and stale, based off of perception over fact and frankly I've had enough and think the the feds can go FvF themselves concerning the OP beliefs.

Destroy FvK and the reason for PvP no longer exists. Go open sector, give us reasons to pvp other than just the sport of it.
Guess, there's no more FvF and KvK after FvK and KvF is destroyed.

Dekka, for someone who doesn't play Federation, you sure know a lot about it don't you?
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
Guess, there's no more FvF and KvK after FvK and KvK is destroyed.

Dekka, for someone who doesn't play Federation, you sure know a lot about it don't you?
5 players flying in circles in cruisers seeing who can bore the other team to death first. Yes i know all about fed pvp. Just because i don't do it (anymore) doesn't mean i have never done it.