Lt. Commander
# 11
12-31-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Whoa... I just realised that the bar on Earth Spacedock is called Club 47. How could I not have noticed that?!
When you do the devidian missions watch the idle chat of the ferengi bar boss. He offers 4.7% discounts on drinks.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
When you do the devidian missions watch the idle chat of the ferengi bar boss. He offers 4.7% discounts on drinks.
Neat!

I just spotted another one... Traelus satellites daily opening prompt:

Quote:
Captain, the satellites in this system are part of an advanced warning network that signals if enemy ships are approaching Federation space through this sector.

Starfleet lost contact with the network 47 hours ago. It could be an equipment malfunction, but it could also be sabotage. Both the Klingons and the True Way could take advantage of holes in our sensor nets to attack the Federation.
Edit: And another one in the Alhena refuelling station daily:

Quote:
Administrator Borka: The Alhena Refueling Station has an exclusive contract to supply ships on the front with deuterium.

As per the contract we signed with your government, it is your obligation to protect us.

It's all spelled out in Section C, Subsection 12, Addendum 2.5-A, Paragraph 12, Revision note 4.7. Have someone in your government check the contract, if you don't believe me!
Conspiracy!
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Somehow when our old fleet merged with another we ended up with Sigma 47 for a name... go figure... it just seemed fine with me and we went with it... now I know why...
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-01-2011, 12:54 PM
i dont think ill do stuff like 47, but i do plan to dot little references to things that have happened in star trek over the years. some might be obvious and some less so to try and expand the universe somehow.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-02-2011, 02:38 PM
The latest one I found was from the Tutorial, complete with voiceover from Zachary Quinto:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH
I have 75 million gigaquads of computer memory and an extensive library of files on military tactics and command strategies. I believe I can spare a few bits of processing power for you. There is an 88.47 percent chance that you will need my help.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I never realized this. It's actually a little creepy now.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
I'm curious as to whether or not people who make Foundry missions would include little things that the writers of Star Trek TV series in the past have put in as jokes or "traditions".

One of these is the 47 Conspiracy, which is a theory that the number 47 appears an unnatural amount of times in the Star Trek TV series and movies:
The 47 Conspiracy in Star Trek
Video evidence of 47 in Voyager

I thought this was one of the most strangest things I'd ever heard of, because I never noticed it while watching Star Trek, but if you look for it, it's noticeable.

So, in my missions I included references to 47. Can you spot them? :p

And would you hide some 47s in your missions?
I can't believe I never noticed the 47 conspiracy. What does it all mean? I need to know!

OMG... OK so Trek was pretty much born in the mind of GR sometime in 1965. 1965 plus 47 years...

2012! The End is Near! The End is Near!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-02-2011, 06:11 PM
47!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im working on an ENTIRE story dedicated to 47 and its reasons for existing in the first place!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-02-2011, 06:14 PM
IDEA!

Lets all include a Tribble somewhere in our missions? Or some obscure reference to the beta
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryulis View Post
IDEA!

Lets all include a Tribble somewhere in our missions? Or some obscure reference to the beta
As of now, all my missions will include official include a 47 reference and a tribble reference. Huzah!