Lt. Commander
# 1 White Starship Equipment
12-21-2010, 12:18 AM
I've been away from the game for a few months and I just returned recently to play around abit. I noticed that I can't vendor white default equipment off of new starships...
When did this change? And why? Will it be restored? Farming and vendoring white equips was a decent source of income... Maybe I'll wait until this gets fixed before I come back to play again..
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho
I've been away from the game for a few months and I just returned recently to play around abit. I noticed that I can't vendor white default equipment off of new starships...
When did this change? And why? Will it be restored? Farming and vendoring white equips was a decent source of income... Maybe I'll wait until this gets fixed before I come back to play again..
It changed recently. Why is because as you said, default equipment was being sold, and could be a point of abuse... you can still sell white equipment, so long as it wasnt default on a starship. It will not change. And finally, that is a ridiculous reason to leave the game... at least put some effort into a reason to leave, not something as lame as not being able to sell default equipment...
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-21-2010, 12:26 AM
If you mean gear off C-store ships, it's to prevent just that exploit: Claim ship, sell gear, dismiss, claim another ship, sell gear, dismiss, ad infinitum.

Gear from ships obtained via promotion or purchased w/ credits should behave normally.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
It changed recently. Why is because as you said, default equipment was being sold, and could be a point of abuse... you can still sell white equipment, so long as it wasnt default on a starship. It will not change. And finally, that is a ridiculous reason to leave the game... at least put some effort into a reason to leave, not something as lame as not being able to sell default equipment...
Well.. you just gave me enough reason to shelf this game again, with your lame-ass attitude. Since I'm playing something else right now, I am in no hurry to return.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2010, 12:50 AM
You know, just playing the game will yield plenty of loot, from Fleet Actions to Deep Space Encounters appropriate to your level there are plenty of "farming" opportunities. And you said you were away for a while, I don't know how long but I understand the difficulty slider is a recent feature in the game that allows a player to increase their chance at getting better drops.

MMO's are constantly growing and coming back after an absence of "months" you have to expect the game to be different to what you remember, but AlphaEcho, it may not be the farming you remember, but as it is now it's still easy enough to make the credits, white items are nothing compared to what you can get if you make an effort.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2010, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Well.. you just gave me enough reason to shelf this game again, with your lame-ass attitude. Since I'm playing something else right now, I am in no hurry to return.
Can I have your stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
You know, just playing the game will yield plenty of loot, from Fleet Actions to Deep Space Encounters appropriate to your level there are plenty of "farming" opportunities. And you said you were away for a while, I don't know how long but I understand the difficulty slider is a recent feature in the game that allows a player to increase their chance at getting better drops.

MMO's are constantly growing and coming back after an absence of "months" you have to expect the game to be different to what you remember, but AlphaEcho, it may not be the farming you remember, but as it is now it's still easy enough to make the credits, white items are nothing compared to what you can get if you make an effort.
Why would I want to make an effort, when this game is currently sitting at the bottom of the mmo food chain? I came back to dabble a little, while my primary game is undergoing maintenance. Now that it's done... bai!
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Why would I want to make an effort, when this game is currently sitting at the bottom of the mmo food chain? I came back to dabble a little, while my primary game is undergoing maintenance. Now that it's done... bai!
That's all fine and good, but can I or can I not have your stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-21-2010, 01:49 AM
Quote:
It looks like you just came back to criticize the game and be a general douchebag. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-21-2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
So while you primary game is under maintenance you play a game that is "bottom of the MMO food chain", and you cry that it's not how you want it to be.......... okay then.