Lt. Commander
# 21
01-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
This tint can also be seen on the Excelsior neck section.

I hope they also rectify the disabled deflector effect on the Aegis that doesnt return the deflector colour to normal and the glow dots on the phasers.
The deflector field visual effect is the projected hexgrid field ONLY. What you are looking at is the shield visual effects, which, similar to the Borg shield visual effects, colors/re-skins the hull and lighting effects. For the AEGIS shields, this means the running lights, the boussard recolors, deflector recolor, phaser strip and vent illumination, and glowy nodes. All of those are the shield visualization.

Personally, I run with just the shield visualization on (or more precisely, hull visualization via the shields), and love it, especially the boussard and deflector recolors. The engine and deflector visual effects are a little too much for me though, especially because they are always on. I'd probably think differently if the hexgrid deflector effect just replaced the scanning/deflector power visual effect and the impulse engine visual effect only came on when you hit full impulse or some other engine-boosting power like evasive maneuvers or something.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-25-2011, 02:57 PM
just wanted to get this up to that main section, because it still bugs me nothing is getting done, common devs
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Here's my original post about it including a video.

No dev response in any of these "Flickering" posts. It seems fairly widespread, hopefully we'll see mention of it soon!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=194405
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-28-2011, 03:39 AM
atlest you guys can see it flickering...im running a lower graphics card so i cant see that kind of stuff...it would be nice if Cryptics whould make it so people with lower graphics cards could see all of the neat Stuff
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-27-2011, 01:50 PM
yep get this on the aegis set and borg set, lets hope for a fix soon, seeing that the new romulan shield works perfect, no flickering of any sort.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Still hoping for this to get fixed in the near future, the romulan shield we just got from the new weekly episode works perfect, no flicking in the nacelles nothing, its perfect.. now if we can get the original sets (aegis and borg sets fixed)
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Having a similar issue as well. I just have the Borg console (visuals off), Aegis deflector (Visuals off), and the Aegis shield (Visuals on) equipped on my Galaxy-refit. I get a lot of flickering on the nacelle, impulse engine, and deflector lighting. Its kind of like the brighter original "skin" is fighting with the new skin for dominance and causing it to appear to flicker.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-04-2011, 04:37 AM
I found this happened when I switched on post-processing. I usually keep it switched off anyway because of the problems with ATI cards (mine specifically being a 5870).
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahless2001 View Post
I found this happened when I switched on post-processing. I usually keep it switched off anyway because of the problems with ATI cards (mine specifically being a 5870).
Hm. That's the card I have, that probably explains the crashes every time I would zone into a ground mission. I'll have to try that.

I was running settings on the highest slider setting like I do on most games, when I turned it down to recommended and start running the game as an administrator the problem cleared up. I still get the occassional graphical hiccup though, other players/crewmembers seeming to stutter in place, either that or its lag.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-04-2011, 12:05 PM
With the Borg set, you still see a blue glow on the bottom of the saucer from your green deflector.