Lt. Commander
# 1 First Officer idea
12-21-2010, 02:29 AM
In regards to the First officer idea here are some of my wishes..

1. First officer should bring new powers to the game only available to first officers.

2. First officers could be picked from any of the disciplines (Tac/Sci/Eng) no matter what your mains. This would allow further customization of your experience and make each player a little more unique. For example you could be a Tac VA and have a Sci first officer making use of their abilities.

3. Bridge officer should hold the rank 1 below your main, therefore if your a VA your BO should at least be a Captain (Kirk and Spock combo)

4. In space your First officer should have his own station where you can select and then use his powers, the console should offer as many skill slots as that rank allows, therefore is your First office is a Captain he/she should have more slots than a commander.

5, Away missions could be done by your first officer where you get the chance to control them, however the rewards should be slightly less.

Flame away !!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2010, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylor_Walken
In regards to the First officer idea here are some of my wishes..

1. First officer should bring new powers to the game only available to first officers.

2. First officers could be picked from any of the disciplines (Tac/Sci/Eng) no matter what your mains. This would allow further customization of your experience and make each player a little more unique. For example you could be a Tac VA and have a Sci first officer making use of their abilities.

3. Bridge officer should hold the rank 1 below your main, therefore if your a VA your BO should at least be a Captain (Kirk and Spock combo)

4. In space your First officer should have his own station where you can select and then use his powers, the console should offer as many skill slots as that rank allows, therefore is your First office is a Captain he/she should have more slots than a commander.

5, Away missions could be done by your first officer where you get the chance to control them, however the rewards should be slightly less.

Flame away !!
FIRE!!! FLAME!!! BLAZE!!!

I Flamed First. "Tank You For Your Monies! It's My Monies Nao! High Fife!"
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Quote:
A nifty idea. It'd be nice if they revamped the crew system and made the XO powers directly related to crew. Just tossing that out there.

Quote:
An XO isn't a captain though. That's kind of the point of captain skills.

Quote:
I see what you did there. If you're in command of a ship, your XO should be a commander. The Kirk/Spock thing was an inspection where hijinks ensued, not a normal mission.

Quote:
Ugh, more buttons? I guess I'm old school, but the less buttons I have to mash the happier I am.

Quote:
The whole point of having another crew member run an away mission is to have a different experience as a captain. I'd actually rather that away missions involving an XO be a mini RTS game you play on your bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the reply.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2010, 07:12 AM
for each rank of your first officer, he should gain a new passive skill. Like a Lt First officer would give 2% to weapon damage. Lt Cmr give 2% to defense. Cmr first officer a 2% cap to shields and Captain a 5 pt increase to all ship power levels.