Lt. Commander
Funniest thing just happened to me. I almost literally fell out of my chair right after spitting coffee all over my desk on this one...

Was heading for an Anomaly in B'Tran when I'll be damned if some guy hits Quantum Slip Stream to get there before me to steal the prize. He was not even in my camera view he was so far away. I heard the slip stream activate...turned to see where the sound was coming from...then to my utter surprise, I see this guy go zooming past me to snatch the anomaly from me right as I got in to scanning range. I was so shocked, all I could do was watch him as if it were slow motion, as he came up on my tail, passed me, then grabbed the anomaly.

I immediately spit my coffee out of my mouth before I choked on it laughing, then from pure shock of coffee being all over my desk, I almost fell out of my chair going for a towel. That so deserves an immature ROFLCOPTERS!

All I can say at this point is..."Seriously!?!?"
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Regretably it's serious. Happened to me with my low levels more often since the new crafting system is there.

High levels do this often in the clusters to get the anomalies faster without needing to do missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-21-2010, 08:13 AM
IDK whats funnier: what the person did, or the fact that you felt the need to post a thread about it
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Its sad day when people have to rush to steal your anomalys.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2010, 08:16 AM
should have been here during launch...every exploration cluster was filled with people racing to get anomalies/missions.

Infact, I think one of the early patches increased the rate of anomaly appearance while flying around in cluster space.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
IDK whats funnier: what the person did, or the fact that you felt the need to post a thread about it
Take your pick. If you feel my sharing a funny story with the community, a community that I rather enjoy chit chatting with and have been doing so since 2008, as being funny, then by all means, whatever gets your goat.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2010, 08:22 AM
LOL yes, back then, turn rate engines and consoles were held in high regard by some who felt it gave their cruisers an edge in exploration

My favorite is when spawn rates were so slow that you'd see one pop up and it was a mad dash to see who could get there first...and even then, who was the quick draw on the "f" button.

Remember, if you get in an instance with folks who are racing to get there before you...just change instance.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Any RA who's maxed their research points and stock piled anomalies in their bank can make a killing on the exchange right now. Items once going for 2000 EC/ea are now going for 6,000.

This happened after the last Memory Alpha update as well. It should stabilize in a month or so but yeah, it reminds me of when the game first opened and people were racing each other in the team instances to get to anomalies. Teamwork went right out out the window/airlock. To the OP, I chuckle as well when I see tier 5 ships slipstreaming through Delta Volanis and Hromi.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-21-2010, 08:26 AM
My favorite part of Star Trek was when the USS Repulse zipped past the USS Enterprise to scan a newly discovered phenomenon, with Captain Taggert hailing Picard on the main viewer in order to give him the finger.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Whose off? My off? Your off?

Oh... "and THEY'RE off".

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I have yet to really see people stealing anomalies. I never even saw this at launch. I generally tried to steer clear of others in the exploration sectors so I wasn't grabbing someone else's anomalies.

I've been gathering for a few days now and have yet to really see people. Also, yes, I think they did increase the drop rate because one run through B'Tran usually nets me around 60 anomalies of various types