Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I feel the Klingons have been short on customizing.The Federation side is much more

flexible when it came to custom making your main Character or Bridge Officers, never

mind the fact the Feds have a wide range of costumes, plus those that are offered in

the Cryptic Store, I mean more forehead ridges, hairstyles, and armor, plus more costumes for the

females, like Lursa and B'Etor's outfits and that Klingon female on Star Trek V The

Final Frontier and finally the outfits that Worf's mate K'Ehleyr wore in the Emissary

and Reunion, plus costumes from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. I hope Cryptic sees this as additional ideas for the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Obligatory link to the Klingon Wishlist Thread, containing a large number of ideas for potential future customization options - including reference images for the art team, should they pick this up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Did your professor tell you to double space your message board posts or something?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I actually think that, ultimately, the klingons probably have more raw options.

While the Federation has more shirt/pants options, that's basically all they have. The KDF has left/right shoulders. Standard belts. Left/wright wrists. The spine armour. The neck pieces. Chest armour overlays. And of course all of the species-specific parts (Orion/Nausicaan).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Longcoats would still be nice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Longcoats would still be nice.
Based on the Orion tushy covers I think it'll be a while before the cloth tech is there.

Though considering Cryptic's apparent fondness for boobies if someone asks really nicely I can see Lursa's "peekaboo" armour being implemented post-haste!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Though considering Cryptic's apparent fondness for boobies if someone asks really nicely I can see Lursa's "peekaboo" armour being implemented post-haste!
Great!, more distractions for ground pvp.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Though considering Cryptic's apparent fondness for boobies if someone asks really nicely I can see Lursa's "peekaboo" armour being implemented post-haste!
Do want! :p

... actually, that is pretty high on my priority list - seeing that I had this sketch commissioned for my character.
Okay, not the exact same thing, but you get the drift. It's also worth noting that one of the Cryptic KDF design sketches had such a vest, though. I really don't see why it's not in the game. :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
The KDF has left/right shoulders. Standard belts. Left/wright wrists. The spine armour. The neck pieces. Chest armour overlays. And of course all of the species-specific parts (Orion/Nausicaan).
Yeah, with a whopping 2 options for each. ;P
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Do want! :p

... actually, that is pretty high on my priority list - seeing that I had this sketch commissioned for my character.
Okay, not the exact same thing, but you get the drift. It's also worth noting that one of the Cryptic KDF design sketches had such a vest, though. I really don't see why it's not in the game. :|

Yeah, with a whopping 2 options for each. ;P
As to the two options for each, there are more then 2 options, but half the time the options are almost the same, or clip with every sash in game.

Female Boots: Bulky with points, Batman style bulky and points, bulky and more points, extra bulky and extra pointy...

Pants: Tight and pathed, tight with rivets, tight and two toned, tight and shiny with bumps...

Shirt: Klingon, Klingon and Furry... ok we actually decent and different top choices, just need more.

Shoulders: Lots of choices, but must choose between shoulders or sash with all but two of them.

Collars: Three choices, four if you include none.

I would rather have fewer costume slots and more to do with them. Notice how most Klingon toons look similar. It is not because we went to the same design school, but because we had that few choices.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
As to the two options for each, there are more then 2 options, but half the time the options are almost the same, or clip with every sash in game.
Yeah, I was exaggerating. But not by much. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
I would rather have fewer costume slots and more to do with them. Notice how most Klingon toons look similar. It is not because we went to the same design school, but because we had that few choices.
In a weird ironic way, this causes the Klingon faction to look pretty close to the shows - unlike the majority of Starfleet. I have a bit of fear that too much customization would turn Qo'noS into yet another "ESD zoo", and that's something I do not want to see.

However, there are still a lot of options which would keep the iconic look intact, so these could clearly be implemented. Just ... keep the fashion in one style (well, two styles for Orions/Nausicaans/Gorn), how it was shown in the series and movies.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 AM.