The new shields are fine, but I would make a few amendments:
- when the enemy shield fails, the computer should make a large 'beep' from it's speaker, maybe send a text message if the player doesn't wake up?
- the 15 minute afk timer should be extended a bit, maybe 3 hours?
- maybe they could distribute some fan fiction or something to read?
- if you tab out during PvP and tab back into the game, it lags for a bit - that could be fixed? or maybe we could have an in-game web browser?
Other than that, I don't see the problem:
- pvp is now more equal than it's ever been. No longer are there 15-0 victories in 2 minutes.
- escorts are far less squishy, whilst cruisers retain their position at the top of the defensive pile.
- we can all pretend that we're tron!
I guess it might be fair to say that the shielding is just a little bit too powerful in pvp.
Oh God! Did PvP just turn into a lingering slugfest of boring proportions?
Have the new Aegis sets become so rampant already( day one/two) that they are quick on the way to being the needed/must have PvP equipment?