Lt. Commander
Okay, Ive just hit Rear Admiral 3, and I have to say, im already having a problem.
The borg are very very powerful >.< In space, they arent too bad (The spheres I have fought havent been bad) But on the ground, im having to respawn every few mins >< Its insane.
I just seems they keep spawning, and I keep losing my officers, then end up dying.
I am a Science officer, and I seem to be doing fine, up until this point.

So, firstly ...
1. Any tips for fighting Borg? >.<
2. My ship is a Deep Space Science vessel, single phasers x4 MK X, 2 Phaser torps. Is there anything I should look out for? Should I change ships? I liked the manouvarability of the Intrepid, would a Recon Science be similar?
3. Any type of Beam / Torp I should go for? Im using Phasers (As stated above) But Im not sure if there is better.

Thanks, and please help!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2010, 01:58 PM
At RA 3 are you doing B'tran Borg or are you trying to do the RA 5 Borg missions in Gamma Orionis? If you're doing the RA 5 missions you're putting yourself at a +2 rank disadvantage.

Is yours, and your BO's gear, Mk X? What BOs are you using on the ground? How much healing do you have? Are you remembering to take out nodes? Lots of questions but not many answers. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzuli View Post
Okay, Ive just hit Rear Admiral 3, and I have to say, im already having a problem.
The borg are very very powerful >.< In space, they arent too bad (The spheres I have fought havent been bad) But on the ground, im having to respawn every few mins >< Its insane.
I just seems they keep spawning, and I keep losing my officers, then end up dying.
I am a Science officer, and I seem to be doing fine, up until this point.

So, firstly ...
1. Any tips for fighting Borg? >.<
2. My ship is a Deep Space Science vessel, single phasers x4 MK X, 2 Phaser torps. Is there anything I should look out for? Should I change ships? I liked the manouvarability of the Intrepid, would a Recon Science be similar?
3. Any type of Beam / Torp I should go for? Im using Phasers (As stated above) But Im not sure if there is better.

Thanks, and please help!
CHeck out our YouTube videos for help with the Borg STFs. See link im my sig.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
At RA 3 are you doing B'tran Borg or are you trying to do the RA 5 Borg missions in Gamma Orionis? If you're doing the RA 5 missions you're putting yourself at a +2 rank disadvantage.

Is yours, and your BO's gear, Mk X? What BOs are you using on the ground? How much healing do you have? Are you remembering to take out nodes? Lots of questions but not many answers. Sorry.
All of our gear is MX 10. My officers weapons are:
The Ghostbuster gun from the Devidan Episode (Cant remember its name)
CRM 200
x2 Type 3 Phaser rifles
And im using CRM 200

As for healing, I have changed to a damage kit but I guess I could change back to healing kit (Only one of my Sci officers cann heal also)
Would it be best to replace the weapons with something MX 10 or something? As these aren't any particualr ''MK'' I wouldnt know what to call them tbh.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Simple rule. Look for something called an Interlink Node around the Borg. This keeps the Borg alive and makes it feel like they just won't die. It is usually located on the ground in the center of a group of Borg. Destroy it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Also find the Borg medic and take that bugger out first or he will keep rezzing and healing the others. There are, on occasion, two medic drones that will keep rezzing each-other until you go insane too. If you can kite one medic out of range of the other, you should be able to take it out before the second one can rez it because they don't exactly move fast.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the replys
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzuli View Post
All of our gear is MX 10. My officers weapons are:
The Ghostbuster gun from the Devidan Episode (Cant remember its name)
CRM 200
x2 Type 3 Phaser rifles
And im using CRM 200

As for healing, I have changed to a damage kit but I guess I could change back to healing kit (Only one of my Sci officers cann heal also)
Would it be best to replace the weapons with something MX 10 or something? As these aren't any particualr ''MK'' I wouldnt know what to call them tbh.
I know a lot of players like to carry the CRM themselves but it's better to give it to a BO. The secondary attack does a lot of damage but it's slow to charge. I'd make sure the captain always has Exploit attacks in his hands to benefit from Exploses given by BOs and the Captain shoots more then BOs so he should never take attacks that make him wait long periods of time.

Give your Sci BO a CRM, give your Eng BO a CRM, give your 2 Tac BOs split-beams or exploit attacks, and slot the Captain with 2 exploit attacks that he can switch by pressing z. That way you have double firepower.

For my Sci I usually go down with 2 Sci BOs: one for full healing and 1 for holding/Exposes. My Sci captain also used an Exploit kit. That way I get a lot of Exploit attacks, especially when I'm using my Tricorder scan. My Eng BO has turrets to draw aggro and do damage and my Tac is all about ranged damage buffs and drawing fire away from me.

Remember to pop Hypos when you get Borg-held as that'll break the hold. And, as was said above, remember to take out Nodes as fast as you can.