Lt. Commander
# 11
12-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeAddictMike View Post
The Klingon shuttle looks like a Federation workbee!

Lol, that was my thought too!

And yeah, these are awesome. I haven't played with the Klingon one yet, but the Runabout is fun :3
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah, thanks for the rewards! Looks awesome!

...However, I have to report a spelling error in the Runabout's description. In the paragraph describing it, it says, "This runabout is unarmed and will doc the moment any combat starts." 'Doc' is missing it's 'k.' (The Klingon Shuttle has the same spelling error.) I know it's nit-picky, but figured I'd post about it anyway, heh.

Ticket ID #1,018,351

(Love the looks of them, btw! My poor, little Del Taco shuttle is so puny compared to my Runabout. )
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Just got mine, its awesome thanks. Can't wait to fly it around DS9
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-21-2010, 07:21 PM
This picture is better. :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-21-2010, 07:34 PM
ERG.. I hate that **** rollbar.. We only saw it like three times in DS9 and hundreds of times we saw Runabouts without them..

Why does every Runabout in STO have that eyesore latched atop it like a leech?
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-21-2010, 07:34 PM
I feel incredibly dorky knowing where that Klingon shuttle comes from.

Remember the birthday of my boyfriend... Never.
Remember what Klingon shuttle is based... Oh sure... No problem.

>_>
<_<
It's based on an old concept drawing of the Raptor.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-21-2010, 08:24 PM
First, cool little gadgets. Second, thanks to the Devs for giving the Klingons a unique (in appearance) reward--feeling the Klin love.

Still looking forward to a space pet that gives a bonus like tribbles do on the ground of course, but I am not actually complaining here, the shuttle and Runabout are cool.

Also, thanks for allowing the original (Del Taco) shuttle to stack with the new Runabout on the Fed side. The Danube totters after me in sector space, and the Del Taco clips along behind the Runabout... It's like a techno-space-themed family of sector-space roaming water fowl--my ducklings are cute and obediantly follow. Now I need to teach them to bite.

maj!
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
...(Love the looks of them, btw! My poor, little Del Taco shuttle is so puny compared to my Runabout. )
Yeah, it's so cute! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by QorDaq View Post
...Still looking forward to a space pet that gives a bonus like tribbles do on the ground of course, but I am not actually complaining here, the shuttle and Runabout are cool.

Also, thanks for allowing the original (Del Taco) shuttle to stack with the new Runabout on the Fed side...
Yeah, it would be neat! Say it gave a damage buff, it could stay in combat flying around with little phasers/disruptors firing beams doing that extra +1% or +2% in damage... that'd be awesome! Resistance buff ships could orbit your ship with adding energy fields to your shields. Regeneration buffs could swoop around making little repairs on your ship...

Way cool! Maybe some day....
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari

Yeah, it would be neat! Say it gave a damage buff, it could stay in combat flying around with little phasers/disruptors firing beams doing that extra +1% or +2% in damage... that'd be awesome! Resistance buff ships could orbit your ship with adding energy fields to your shields. Regeneration buffs could swoop around making little repairs on your ship...

Way cool! Maybe some day....
Or even simply function a bit like Fire At Will does now. Put it on a timer, and allow it to get a few seconds of covering fire, with 45 second cooldown or similar... For taking out enemy torps for example. Allow it to be targeted by the enemy, and if it blows up have a couple minute cooldown before you can deploy another one.

In fact, using your example (and making it a little more complex), what if it performed different functions depending on your Class. Perhaps the TAC characters get the Attack bonus, ENG get the extra repair version, and SCI gets the shield bonus or something? Could be cool.

I would love to see some interesting things like this once the Crew updates come down the pike.

maj!
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Why does every Runabout in STO have that eyesore latched atop it like a leech?
Because now (in 2409) that thing is 40+ years old, so it needs extra bracing to hold the spaceframe together?
Closed Thread