Lt. Commander
Well, first post on the forum and it's inspired by the thing that annoys me the most about the game, ground combat. I love the space combat, I keep it at Advanced so far because while enjoyable on any difficulty I find it a bit easy on Normal. But I won't go any higher than Advanced because at Advanced, ground combat is nearly unplayable. Ground combat in this game just isn't fun anyway, so making it punishingly difficult (or impossible) is insult to injury.

Can we get separate difficulty settings for ground and space arenas? I'm sure that even if the ground combat is improved to the level of the space game when they release their much vaunted update to it next Season, there will still be plenty of people (me included) who will want one or the other to be easier, whether because they just don't find it as enjoyable or it's too difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SablePhoenix View Post
But I won't go any higher than Advanced because at Advanced, ground combat is nearly unplayable. Ground combat in this game just isn't fun anyway, so making it punishingly difficult (or impossible) is insult to injury.
Though your request is a common one, I must disagree with the statement above. If you "know what your doing", ground combat is still pretty easy even on advanced. Its the random overpowered NPCs that are the only thing that keep me from playing on elite. As far as space goes, even on elite I'm never in any real danger, it just takes alot longer to kill the ships. That being the case, I've found advanced to be "the best of both worlds" for me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Though your request is a common one, I must disagree with the statement above. If you "know what your doing", ground combat is still pretty easy even on advanced. Its the random overpowered NPCs that are the only thing that keep me from playing on elite.
Yeah, but those random overpowered NPCs really suck the fun out things when they appear. I agree completely with this request, at least the way the game is now.

It's not going to happen, though, because they're re-working ground combat in Season 4. Time will tell if that fixes things, but they won't likely be making any changes in the meantime.